Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-21-2010, 05:24 AM   #1

SUN #1008
mbike29
New Sunline owner/1988 T-2251 Sunline Satellite

Hi all! My Wife and I, (Mark and Katrina) just purchased a 1988 T-2251 Sunline Satellite. It is in really nice shape, except the floor under the shower is rotted yet stable-will be repairing myself. and the fridge is no good, all the amonia leaked out and i intend on installing a electric fridge in its place due to cost, unless anyone knows a much less expensive fix for this issue as it is a really nice fridge. today is 2/21/10 and just towed it home 2 days ago, family loves it! my 2 boys 8 and 11 are already fighting over who get's the top bunk!. I will post some pics soon.
Info on the camper BTW:22ft, sleeps 7, full kitchen, double sink, full Bath, heat

Old 02-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #2

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
We replaced our refridgerator with an electric replacement when it failed some three years ago. It has been more than adequate. Most of the time we are in campgrounds with electricity. As well we have an inverter to supply AC power using our battery.

We have a number of ways to charge our battery; from our tow vehicle as we drive, from a small generator when we know we're going to be off the grid and recently from two solar panels.

We usually set the fridge for a colder than normal temperature before we leave. This keeps things more than cold enough for any drive. If it's particularly warm or we happen to be driving a long distance, we turn the inverter on to keep the fridge operating while driving.

We purchased a 4.1 cubic foot Magic Chef from Home Depot. It fit with a little widening of the existing hole. (You can see the result of our installation under files/other files. It's entitled Preparing a 1982 SUnline....

We also had some small areas of the floor to repair. We cutout the soft spot. Lined the edges of the remaining solid portion with pieces of 1x3s so they protrude from the edges of the old wood. Then we drop a new piece of plywood in. All these pieces are glued and screwed together.
I know this is probably not clear but I hope it's suggestive of our solution.

If it's not clear I could create a sketch for you.

Hope this helps,
Honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote