Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #1

SUN #7219
PatandDave is an unknown quantity at this point
New Sunline owner

My wife and I just purchased a new to us 1980 Sunline trailer.
I believe that it is the 15SC model.
We are very excited to get a hard sided camper as this is a step up from our small Colman Taos pop up camper.
It appears that our children will be sharing the popup amongst themselves.
We love camping but just got tired of the setup and take down of the pop up.

Our Sunline needs a lot of TLC but we are up for the challenge.

I have a few questions to the community,
1-the previous owners fixed a roof leak with what appears to be roof coating for a house, can anyone recommend a better alternative for sealing the roof?
2-the plastic indicator/running lights have become brittle over time, any recommendations for replacements?
3-not familiar with how you prevent the 2 inch coupler from accidentally unhitching, there appears to be a hole on the side of the hitch, is this where you would place a lock?
Thanks for your help,
Pat and Dave

Old 04-23-2015, 12:37 PM   #2

SUN #3415
Ham Radio Op is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi PatandDave,
Welcome to the SOC (Sunline Owners Club). Your coupler does have a small hole in it. Its purpose is to have a small pin inserted to keep the latch closed. They are sometimes in the shape of a printed capital D. Others are rectangular. The pin itself is round, approximately one/fourth to five/sixteenth in. in diameter. You can get them at hardware stores, RV dealers, etc. RV dealers have replacement light fixtures available, too. You could do internet searches for the marker/clearance lights, too. I believe your camper roof is aluminum. I have used Dicor. Others may have a better suggestion.
Again, welcome!

1992 T-2251 - Our first Sunline
2007 T-2553 - Our second Sunline
2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT
Ham Radio Op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:34 AM   #3

SUN #7219
PatandDave is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you ham radio operator

Sorry for the last reply but I have been researching a lot about our New Sunline trailer.

My wife is thinking how we are going to repair and repaint the interior. Camper smells like my grandmothers basement, a little musty and stale. A good cleaning and air out this weekend should help. Most of the cabinets and drawers are in bad shape. Veneer is pealing off in many areas, but it will look good when we're done.

I have been getting all the exterior components of the camper up and running. Repacked the wheel bearings, lubricated all the moving parts on the windows and today I am going to wire brush and repaint the frame.

Trying to see if I can refresh the deep cycle marine battery, I read that two or three charge/discharge cycles should do it. I don't know but the battery is only three years old so I hope it recovers. Wiring needs some attention.

Never had a septic system, gray, black and water holding tanks are all new to me. I know that the flush out valves are leaking, fortunately I have only been testing with fresh water. There is a lot to learn hear, thank you-tube.

Sounds like a lot of work but it is exciting as this is our first hard sided camper and I can only anticipate the good time camping with it.

Well off to the sanding! See you later.