Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #1

SUN #6111
SBiddle is an unknown quantity at this point
New owner of a '99 Sunline T-24A

Yesterday, my husband and I purchased a 1999 Sunline T24 (I think?). It is so cottagy and cute (and still larger than our current camper). We have been camping in a B17 hybrid Bantam and I am so looking forward to not having to pack/unpack so much stuff-though we really enjoyed that as well! I am glad to have found this group. I may have some questions as we get used to the change. I love that you are repairing/remodeling your sunline. I'd also like to see pictures as you proceed!

Old 03-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #2

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Old Sunline Owner

No such thing as a T-24. There is a T-24A Saturn model, or a T-2453 or 2475 Solaris model in 1999.

They did build a couple T-24S rental models, but I think those didn't start until the early 2000s.

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #3

SUN #6111
Maybe it's a T-24A Saturn model? I will pull the manual tomorrow .... or one evening next week so I REALLY know what I'm talking about. LOL I do know it was manufactured in 1998 so I'd expect it's not the rental model.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #4

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBiddle View Post
Maybe it's a T-24A Saturn model? I will pull the manual tomorrow .... or one evening next week so I REALLY know what I'm talking about. LOL I do know it was manufactured in 1998 so I'd expect it's not the rental model.
There were pretty distinct differences between the Saturn and Solaris, particularly with the shape of the front wall. Do you have any pictures of it? I can tell you from a picture.

General differences between the Solaris and Saturn were cosmetic. The Solaris had more features than a Saturn; the Saturn was designed as more an entry level model. For example, a Solaris has a Flexsteel innerspring jacknife couch, whereas a Saturn will have foam cushions that you move around on a pull out platform to make a bed.

And the rental model came about in 2000 after they discontinued the Saturn line. The Saturn T-22B was a popular rental model in the late '90s. One KOA bought like five of them and used them for about ten years.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Old 03-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #5

SUN #6111
We were fortunate to obtain the owner's manual. I finally got outside (no more snow here) and brought it inside. It is a 1999 Saturn model T-24A. We are the 3rd owners. It is in amazingly great condition! I haven't taken any pictures yet. Hope to very soon. We will be selling our little Bantam, hopefully and will snap photos of both campers at the same time. We will be looking for a lift handle for the SUNCHASER awning and a vent cover for the roof that vents out over the refrigerator area. But, the vent cover that was over it has broken apart (crumbled) with weather/age. We will need a shade for the top bunk. Other than that, for now at least, it is in great condition. Thanks SUNLINE FAN for your feedback/help.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #6

SUN #6111
So, tonight my husband, Ronnie is telling me that the roof of the camper appears 'dry' and he'd like to know if I can find out anything online or in our manual about how to treat it or prevent it from further (what I assume to be) sun/weather/age damage. Anything out there not too expensive? Thanks again!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #7

SUN #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBiddle View Post
We were fortunate to obtain the owner's manual. I finally got outside (no more snow here) and brought it inside. It is a 1999 Saturn model T-24A. We are the 3rd owners. It is in amazingly great condition! I haven't taken any pictures yet. Hope to very soon. We will be selling our little Bantam, hopefully and will snap photos of both campers at the same time. We will be looking for a lift handle for the SUNCHASER awning and a vent cover for the roof that vents out over the refrigerator area. But, the vent cover that was over it has broken apart (crumbled) with weather/age. We will need a shade for the top bunk. Other than that, for now at least, it is in great condition. Thanks SUNLINE FAN for your feedback/help.
Awesome!

Here's your awning lift handle: Dometic A&E Awning Lift Handle - Awning Parts & Accessories - Outdoor Living - RV Lifestyle

Refrigerator roof vent cover- basically it allows the air to come in the side vent, get sucked in over the cooling unit, and then the hot air can escape out the top. That's why you'll see other brands that have the refrigerator mounted in the slide out, it'll have two sidewall vents, one at the top, one at the bottom of that cabinet. Here's a link to a replacement, though it will look slightly different than your original:

Fridge Vent Cover - Camco 42160 - Refrigerator Accessories - Camping World

I would also suggest replacing all of your roof vent covers too while you're up there. I suspect there are three on your coach. They will be as brittle as the refrigerator cover and when any of these covers crack/break, they let water in which is not good.

As far as the interior shade, what's wrong with it? If the vinyl is torn, that's a problem. But if it just won't roll up, here's a tip. Also works if you have any shades that don't go up well:

Get one of those ratcheting screwdrivers that has all the little different bit tips. Lift up on the shade, one end should lift up and out of the bracket. Carefully work it down. Roll up the fabric on the roller if it's out, so it's easier to work with. The ends of the tube should be different, one will have a pin, the other will have a flat spade end. You want the spade end. With the screwdriver adjusted to tighten, make sure there are NO tips in the end and insert it over the flat spade, it should fit. Tighten it clockwise, making sure to carefully release pressure slightly so that it hooks itself on the stop point inside. Don't go too tight, you don't want the shade to fly up on you. I suggest doing a little bit and then putting it back on the window to try it. The shade should go up with some force, but not launch itself up, but it should also go up at a reasonable pace and not have to be pushed.

I understand Ronnie's concerns with the roof dryness. The rubber isn't real soft feeling in the first place, but it gets very chalky over time. If it isn't too dirty looking, the best is to clean it with something like laundry soap and then treat it with rubber roof treatment. You can get that at Camping World or an RV dealer, just like the parts above, and in probably a half gallon or gallon jug. It isn't too expensive and you shouldn't have to do that once or twice a year.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #8

SUN #6111
When we picked up our SUNLINE, we never knew we'd get such a great and loyal group of supporters. I can hardly believe that you have actually found the products and I only have to click and pay...and they're on sale! What a generous gift of information. The shade .... well, it's too far gone....it doesn't have the shade-just the circular rod (however, if I were to get inventive I could likely attach my own shade to the rod...hmmm). Blessings and thanks again!!! Susan