Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #1

SUN #5240
Captain Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
New Owner, new to thread

Hey folks I bought my first camper this week, a 1982 Sunline T-1550. I know nothing about campers but the family member I bought it from showed me all he could remember about it but he's 89. Memory isn't so good. I downloaded the paperwork I found here but will need help understanding how the sewer and water systems work. I suppose that bug gray tank underneath is sewer. If someone could point me to the correct resource I would really appreciate it. I'm a retired police officer and my wife is a semi retired nurse. These jobs we know but campers are new to us. Thanks.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Capt Ed - welcome to the forum...you will find many people jumping in to help answer your questions. I will bow to their expertise!

We love pic's and it is the best way to show us what you may have a concern about.

Actually you MAY have 3 tanks beneath your trailer or under a seat/bed inside the TT - one would be for black (sewer) water; grey (sink/shower) water and the other fresh water. On the "driver's side" of your TT - around the wheel (someplace) you should see 2 handles - one black to empty the black tank and one grey to empty the gray tank. Also - somewhere on the TT you should have a port to fill the fresh water tank.

Now with all that said - there are so many do's and dont's about the tanks, that need to be described one at a time - check your TT and see if you have those 3 tanks and the water fill port.....post an answer and the "experts" will be able to give you more details!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #3

SUN #5240
Captain Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks. I plan on working on that today. We've had quite a bit of rain, which we always need, and it's dried up some. I see where you're from. Beautiful country. My wife is from above Plattsburgh, Ellenburg actually, originally. We've traveled that area just driving but now maybe we'll be able to pull the TT that way.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #4

SUN #4364
dtstanton is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ed View Post
Hey folks I bought my first camper this week, a 1982 Sunline T-1550. I know nothing about campers but the family member I bought it from showed me all he could remember about it but he's 89. Memory isn't so good. I downloaded the paperwork I found here but will need help understanding how the sewer and water systems work. I suppose that bug gray tank underneath is sewer. If someone could point me to the correct resource I would really appreciate it. I'm a retired police officer and my wife is a semi retired nurse. These jobs we know but campers are new to us. Thanks.
You came to the right place, Captain. My wife and I were in the same boat last year - never had a travel trailer before, and bought an '88 T-1350. This is the first place I came when we bought ours. These guys (and gals) will keep you on the right track and out of trouble. If it can be a problem, they've been there and done that. They also know the little "things" that can be specific to the Sunline line.

Sunline Fan (Jon) has created a registry of many of the Sunlines coming and going that exist out there that people have or have seen. Chances are, he may be able to tell you some history and details about yours - specifically. He's collected this data on his own, and it's pretty massive from what I understand.

Congratulations on your "new" Sunny!

TT: 1988 Sunline T-1350
TV: 2003 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3L
dtstanton is offline   Reply With Quote