Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-13-2018, 01:31 PM   #21

SUN #11002
aaroningrao is an unknown quantity at this point
I will be posting new pics as I progress for sure!

Old 12-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #22

SUN #11002
So, I got the model# of the Fridge. Dometic RM66F.
I found this online. http://rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/wp-c...ce-EarlyRM.pdf

Im not sure there is anything wrong with the fridge at all. I haven't even tried turning it on yet, as I dont have the trailer close yet. But I always go in assuming the worst and planning for it.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #23

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Great! You found the service manual which is better then the owner's manual.

Skimming through it, page PDF page 41 tells how to start the fridge.

A few things, the RV fridge (an absorption fridge) is not going to make noise like a normal home compressor fridge. There will be very little to no noise from the RV fridge. It uses heat to boil a gas that then removes the heat from the fridge compartment that then leaves cold in the fridge. I know, sounds odd by that is the way they work. It will also take a good 8 hours (overnight) to cool down. Do not expect it to happen quick in a few hours like a normal home fridge.

On that older unit the fridge should be level before using it. If not the gas and liquid will not flow correctly in the tubes in the back of the fridge. The newer fridges are not as bad about being level but they too need to be level. The older ones were more critical. When I say level, you need to level the camper itself that then will leave the fridge being level. Use boards etc. as needed under the tires on one side and the tongue jack to level the camper in the 2 directions. Left to right and front to back. You can put the level right on the shelf in the fridge then check level to the floor etc. Campers do flex and over time the main trailer frame can sag so do not assume the part you picked was good enough. So check the fridge itself then compare to a more convenient spot that matches in the camper for setup. In my camper I can use the floor in front of the fridge. But only because I confirmed it. The longer the camper, the more sag over time.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:38 AM   #24

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroningrao View Post
So, I got the model# of the Fridge. Dometic RM66F.
I found this online. http://rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/wp-c...ce-EarlyRM.pdf

Im not sure there is anything wrong with the fridge at all. I haven't even tried turning it on yet, as I dont have the trailer close yet. But I always go in assuming the worst and planning for it.
The one in my '79 worked on electric no problem. I guess I was lucky. Gas was a little tricky- the trailer had been missing the tank and there was a lot of air in the line to purge. It still didn't light after purging, so I had to remove the cover plate and clean out the orifice. Pretty easy and quick to do, but they are easily clogged by spiders and stuff over time. It lit on gas after doing that. It seems like the '80s Dometics were more likely to fail, and the bigger ones were more likely to fail. So hopefully yours will start up with no problems.

Without knowing the history, it might be a good idea to remove the roof vent cap for the refrigerator and make sure there aren't any animal nests or leaves caught in there that would block the air flow. Four tabs seem to hold this cover down, so you should be able to bend two up and slide it out from the other two.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #25

SUN #11002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
The one in my '79 worked on electric no problem. I guess I was lucky. Gas was a little tricky- the trailer had been missing the tank and there was a lot of air in the line to purge....Four tabs seem to hold this cover down, so you should be able to bend two up and slide it out from the other two.
Thank you! Thats super specific and helpful advice! When I start really going through her, I'll be making more posts to report issues and fixes that might hopefully help others as well.