Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #1

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
New Members from Vermont

Hello all !

My husband Tom and I are new owners of a 2001 T250 SR. We tented and then had a pop up years ago. Hadn't camped in years, but now have grandkids. So, the grandster wanted to camp and we got out the tent. Yikes. Tenting in the rain with seven year old = not a fun time. Decided to look at RVs. We spotted an RV that we liked in an auto dealer's lot. It was a Sunline. We really liked it and visited that lot a few times, never finding the owner there so we could not see the inside. We decided to call one day and were told it had sold for full price that day. Drats ! Then, saw a Craigslist ad and lo and behold another Sunline! A little camper that had seen better days and had no title, etc. We decided it was not for us and looked at other brands of RVs, but did not care much for them. We put the camper idea on the back burner.

So, this Fall I traveled alone to babysit the grandkids (2 + hrs. away) and spotted several RVs for sale. One in particular caught my eye. But, we'd decided it was not in the cards so I did not mention to Tom. A few weeks later, we both went to spend Christmas with the kids/grandkids. On our way, Tom spotted that same RV and was instantly interested. On our way home we looked at it and loved it. Once again, it was a Sunline that caught our eye. So, we went back yesterday and bought it. The young man selling it was so nice. I could not believe all of the gear he gave us. All of the dishes, cutlery, flashlights, pots and pans, coffee maker, toaster, etc. Even board games and party lights ! Chemicals and rope, and dozens of hoses and plugs and tools that he'd bought for the camper. I think we could go out without adding much except our personal items and food !

We do have some questions and will ask later. I just wanted to do an introduction so that we'd be "official". We have perused the board for a week now and have been very impressed with the kindness and helpfulness of the members here.

We look forward to getting to know you all !

Deb and Tom in Vermont

2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #2

SUN #481
clueless campers is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to SOC. It looks like the 3rd time was a charm for you. And Wow! you really hit the jackpot. With all the supplies included, you can skip what JohnB called "fund times" in another thread and go straight to the fun times.

clueless campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Deb and Tom!

And congrats on your new camper. Thanks for sharing your camper selection process.... We all have one! And each is different.

We looked and looked at brands when we bought our first Sunline and no other brand had that WOW, this is it feeling. Same thing happened on our second Sunline too...

Good luck with your new Coach. I had to look up that floor plan as I had not seen that one before. Nice camper.

Any questions you have, this is the place for Sunline info or just about anything on camping or the adventurous along the way. Oh and we like pics! I see you have the picture process down pat already. Great!

New campers are always "Fun" times . (I said it right this time.... LOL)

Happy Camping

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #4

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats on your new to you Sunny and welcome to the forum.....you are correct in the fact that we all really try to be friendly andhelpful....join in anytime you want!!!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #5

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats and welcome!
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #6

SUN #3038
johnmanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the club John & sue Ellendale De.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #7

SUN #3259
Thanks for the welcome !

When we were looking, there was the exact same model on Craigslist in Western MA. Just a coincidence, but odd, as I do not think the model is that common. Maybe someone can tell us how many T250 SRs were manufactured? Actually the first one was toooo big, and the next one was tooooo small and this one is "just right" !! If you remember your Fairy Tales you'll get the humor !

The Sunline came with the three ring binder full of manuals, etc. We were delighted to see the checklist with the Sunline employee names as they inspected the unit. Cool!

I (Deb) am a mod on a board dealing with guinea pig health and care. Believe it or not, the board can be very hostile at times. So I do appreciate the civility I've seen here and the respectful tone of the members and moderators !

As for funds, yes, it will still need some of those. Batteries and other expensive stuff. It has new tires as of last year, so we are set there. On pulling it to the house to wash the road salt from under (from the trip from seller to here), Tom backed under a maple limb and cracked the plastic vent lid from above the refrig. He was upset about it, but, upon inspection, said the AC and other plastic parts on the roof are brittle from age and sun and will need to be replaced. We see the part here : RV ROOF VENTS, COVERS, REPLACEMENT PARTS
Since Vermont has no RV stores open in January, is this a good place to order? Of course Tom covered that vent with plastic for the time being.

I'll take my questions to the proper threads for any other questions.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Deb

Old 01-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #8

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
As for funds, yes, it will still need some of those. Batteries and other expensive stuff. It has new tires as of last year, so we are set there. On pulling it to the house to wash the road salt from under (from the trip from seller to here), Tom backed under a maple limb and cracked the plastic vent lid from above the refrig. He was upset about it, but, upon inspection, said the AC and other plastic parts on the roof are brittle from age and sun and will need to be replaced. We see the part here : RV ROOF VENTS, COVERS, REPLACEMENT PARTS
Since Vermont has no RV stores open in January, is this a good place to order? Of course Tom covered that vent with plastic for the time being.

I'll take my questions to the proper threads for any other questions.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Deb
I wouldn't worry too much about the broken vent parts. They do get brittle over time and a good hailstorm can take those out without you really knowing it. At least this way, you know about it, sealed it up, and really no harm is done.

There's a few reputable places on the internet to order these kinds of parts from. I've not heard of that one you put the link from. Doesn't mean they're bad, I've just never heard of them before. Camping World and PPL Motorhomes are two that pop into my head right now.

Since you store outside, you may want to look into some MaxxAir covers to cover the vents and protect your new covers. It basically provides a vented bubble over your roof vent cover so you can leave it open in light rain and protect the main vent cover from sun and hail.

Your local dealers are all closed? Wow. I've heard of some dealers in northern Canada closing in the winter because they get snowed in, but they are usually there up to then and as soon as they can open again.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
HI Tom & Deb,

Welcome to the group and congrats on your Sunline purchase. I am sire you will really enjoy using it. For a while it "might" be a project while you "make" it yours. We ALL go thru the stage of making our Sunline "ours", just so we have that down home feel.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here, and it won't take too long before you get some answers.

Plus if you read thru the posts, you will discover the "Mods" section, and that could cause you some work, depending on whether you want to do some modifications to your Sunline or not (most of us usually do )

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #10

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Where are you in VT? I did a class in Nov. at the VT School of Wood Working in Fairfax and they let me bring my camper to stay in even plugged it in for me! Were over here in western Maine. There are hundreds of RV parts stores on line and a lot of them do at least some free shipping just have a look around on the web they probably will send a catalog or two your way so you can dream about things to do in the spring!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #11

SUN #973
DianeScraps
Send a message via Yahoo to DianeScraps
Welcome!

1999 T2970 Sunline, Retired 2015

Current Camper is a 2016 Starcraft 28QBS
DianeScraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #12

SUN #3259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
Where are you in VT? I did a class in Nov. at the VT School of Wood Working in Fairfax and they let me bring my camper to stay in even plugged it in for me! Were over here in western Maine. There are hundreds of RV parts stores on line and a lot of them do at least some free shipping just have a look around on the web they probably will send a catalog or two your way so you can dream about things to do in the spring!

We are Rutland/Manchester area so well South of Fairfax. We love the rt. from Wells Beach through Sanborn.. sometimes go to N. Conway via Fryeburg (sp?). Never gone with a camper so I would love suggestions of good campgrounds in all those areas !!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #13

SUN #2097
OK, we live 20 mins from North Conway just south of Fryeburg. There are two RV dealers in the Conway area both open in the winter. Hall's is on 302 just to the east of WalMart/Lowes. Traford's is in Conway on 302 about 3 miles away. There are two nice campgrounds/canoe rental places less then a mile from where we live right on the Saco river North Conway has two campgrounds and there is all ways the White Mountain National Forest area all around Mt. Washington. There a several campgrounds in the Crawford notch area and if you have never been through Crawford's notch it's worth the trip. Crawford's notch is where 302 comes through the mountains.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #14

SUN #3259
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainah View Post
OK, we live 20 mins from North Conway just south of Fryeburg. There are two RV dealers in the Conway area both open in the winter. Hall's is on 302 just to the east of WalMart/Lowes. Traford's is in Conway on 302 about 3 miles away. There are two nice campgrounds/canoe rental places less then a mile from where we live right on the Saco river North Conway has two campgrounds and there is all ways the White Mountain National Forest area all around Mt. Washington. There a several campgrounds in the Crawford notch area and if you have never been through Crawford's notch it's worth the trip. Crawford's notch is where 302 comes through the mountains.
Thanks. Been many times so those are familiar names. The Notch, the Kank, etc. Love that area. Stayed in motels so this will be a new adventure for us. We will try out the camper in VT, NY or NH/ME before we go too far with it. Then we hope to make it to see our good friends in PA. Air Force buddy of Tom's, from basic to Viet Nam. We've met up with he and his wife many times in NY state, Cooperstown, Niagara Falls, Corning, etc. Never been to their home in PA. So I will be asking a lot of questions on decent campgrounds along that route VT - PA!

Deb

Old 01-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #15

SUN #1879
OhhWell is an unknown quantity at this point
That's a pretty nice layout. I've not seen the Sideways couch on the slide before. I imagine it would be pretty roomy inside for the size trailer. Can't wait to see some pictures of the interior.

Former trailers - '94 T-2770
'02 t-2753
'08 Keystone Sprinter 299BHSS
OhhWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #16

SUN #3259
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhWell View Post
That's a pretty nice layout. I've not seen the Sideways couch on the slide before. I imagine it would be pretty roomy inside for the size trailer. Can't wait to see some pictures of the interior.

I have put the original owner's pictures in my profile album. Not the greatest pictures but they will have to do for now. I don't know anything about RV's, but it really is roomy with the slide out. That sideways couch appealed as you could sit there with the laptop. Or seat the kids there for meals or games.

I've sent my info to Jon and he says there were not too many of this model manufactured. Interesting there was one like it in MA for sale at same time this one was for sale. Different color interior, but a clone otherwise.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #17

SUN #1879
OhhWell is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I have put the original owner's pictures in my profile album. Not the greatest pictures but they will have to do for now. I don't know anything about RV's, but it really is roomy with the slide out. That sideways couch appealed as you could sit there with the laptop. Or seat the kids there for meals or games.

I've sent my info to Jon and he says there were not too many of this model manufactured. Interesting there was one like it in MA for sale at same time this one was for sale. Different color interior, but a clone otherwise.
Ahh, I see them now. Earlier today I only saw pictures of the truck and guini pigs.
That is nice how they put the lift up table in front of the couch. That slide out sure makes all the difference too.

Former trailers - '94 T-2770
'02 t-2753
'08 Keystone Sprinter 299BHSS
OhhWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #18

SUN #2097
Quote:
Thanks. Been many times so those are familiar names. The Notch, the Kank, etc. Love that area. Stayed in motels so this will be a new adventure for us. We will try out the camper in VT, NY or NH/ME before we go too far with it. Then we hope to make it to see our good friends in PA. Air Force buddy of Tom's, from basic to Viet Nam. We've met up with he and his wife many times in NY state, Cooperstown, Niagara Falls, Corning, etc. Never been to their home in PA. So I will be asking a lot of questions on decent campgrounds along that route VT - PA!

Deb
Well let us know if you decide to try one of Conway's campgrounds maybe we could meet you all there come spring!
Old 01-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #19

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Debbie

I followed your online file to your pic album.... Wow that Chevy is immaculate. Camper is nice too...LOL

What a beautiful spring picture with the flowering crab apples trees behind it. Wish it was spring now....

OK who is the truck buff, Tom or you? Great work bringing Mellow back to shinny new life.

Thanks for sharing.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #20

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
If you are thinking of North Conway, the Saco River Camping Area is my favorite. http://www.sacorivercampingarea.com/ It isn't a resort but it is comfortable and the current owners are a real nice couple.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote