Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #1

SUN #9454
jleslie48 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Member checking in, Well I think I'm a new member...

Hi all. I bought an old travel trailer about 3 years ago and nobody has been able to identify it for me. It has no identification tags at all that I can find, and has been mostly re-built on the inside, and re-painted on the outside in different colors. Every few months or so I get on a kick to surf around looking for a tiny travel trailer that looks like mine and I believe now I have found my long lost family!!! It looks to me that my travel trailer started out as a sunline model, I think I read a "baby sunline" but I'm hoping you all who are more familiar with sunline trailers can fill me in on the make, model, and birthrights of my trailer. Its 12.5' long and 7' wide, weighs 1992 lbs but that is about all I know about it. Here are a bunch of pics. So am I a long lost family member or not??? - Jon

I think the running lights are the giveaway on the model year.

Old 06-10-2017, 03:35 PM   #2

SUN #8237
johnnybgood is an unknown quantity at this point
New Member checking in, Well I think I'm a new member...

There's a row of tabs on the upper portion of the home page. Click on FILES and you can download brochures from different years.

Looks like a Sunline to me, though I'm not an expert.

More than likely is a Sunline being your names Jon. Seems to be a lot of Jons/Johns around here. [emoji3]

Old 06-10-2017, 07:23 PM   #3

SUN #8893
Thomascine is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome jleslie48,

From the pictures I have seen, it does look like a Sunline Baby. It looks just like some pictures that I have seen on this site.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...line-8660.html

Congrats!

Tommie

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do..." Mark Twain]
Thomascine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:32 PM   #4

SUN #9454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomascine View Post
Welcome jleslie48,

From the pictures I have seen, it does look like a Sunline Baby. It looks just like some pictures that I have seen on this site.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...line-8660.html

Congrats!

Tommie
Yes, that is the link that brought me to this forum. However the running lights in the front of the trailer are wrong. I'm pretty sure the ones in the front of my trailer are original, and the 1979 doesn't seem to have them.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:34 PM   #5

SUN #9454
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
There's a row of tabs on the upper portion of the home page. Click on FILES and you can download brochures from different years.

Looks like a Sunline to me, though I'm not an expert.

More than likely is a Sunline being your names Jon. Seems to be a lot of Jons/Johns around here. [emoji3]
Alas the brochures don't seem to show any detail of the different models. I'm deducing I have a 1976,77, or 78 12.5 MC; I'm hoping someone can narrow it down/confirm.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome jleslie48,

I'm not that good at picking out the older Sunlines but we do have one of our members, Sunline Fan who does know the older ones well. He should be along shortly and will hopefully chime in.

WOW... Thomascine scored with finding that 2007 post with the pics in it. Way to go Tommie!!!

The other features on the the camper that Tommie linked that do line up with yours. On the non door side, the fresh tank water fill spout, the fridge vent, the furnace vent, possibly the power cord, all line up. There are many outside features that do line up to that other Sunline that would not be that exact I would think in another brand. Which exact year you have, this is still an unknown just yet.

Happy camping this year and welcome to the club!

Thanks

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:21 AM   #7

SUN #9454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Welcome jleslie48,

I'm not that good at picking out the older Sunlines but we do have one of our members, Sunline Fan who does know the older ones well. He should be along shortly and will hopefully chime in.

WOW... Thomascine scored with finding that 2007 post with the pics in it. Way to go Tommie!!!

The other features on the the camper that Tommie linked that do line up with yours. On the non door side, the fresh tank water fill spout, the fridge vent, the furnace vent, possibly the power cord, all line up. There are many outside features that do line up to that other Sunline that would not be that exact I would think in another brand. Which exact year you have, this is still an unknown just yet.

Happy camping this year and welcome to the club!

Thanks

John
Its really mostly curiosity that has me on this quest to determine what year and model this camper is. Plus all the attention it gets at the campsites and everybody asks what is it and I don't have an answer for them. The previous owner said he destroyed the the hitch extension (he left the crank jack down and it hit a pothole at 60mph,) and replaced the whole thing. I don't know if the VIN was on that old hitch (the triangle angle iron part that leads to the ball hitch,) but that has all been replaced.

The running lights on mine are a whole line in the front, and the Thomascine referenced 2007 post clearly shows that the front running lights are just in the corners. when I opened up the running lights in the front I can see its the original wiring, so I'm pretty sure they are stock from sunline.

For july 4th we will be taking her to the finger lakes NY, and then the big trip: cross country to see the total solar eclipse in Wyoming.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #8

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome fellow Jon! I agree, it most definitely looks like a Sunline 12 1/2' MC. I'm going to say '75-'77.

Those years (some of my favorite) had a very unique plastic Sunline logo attached to the sides of the trailer. Some years had a different/larger front and rear decal too. These plastic logos were screwed in to the trailer, about chest height, in the front corners. They were the lightning logo from the brochure at that time. I've tried to buy a couple of these plastic logos from people selling trailers cheap, but nothing has ever worked out. I've been wanting one for my collection, and now I could actually look at having some replicated with a 3D printer, but so far no luck. So don't expect to find a replacement any time soon...

Your new water heater appears to cover up where your door side one was attached, but it looks like I see some holes on the opposite side below the new bathroom window. The newer trailers used all decals, such as that '79 that Tommie linked, so that's why I'm guessing this one as older.

Yes, the VIN would have been stamped on the front coupler, and it sounds like that is now gone. It was on a sticker on the side, near that missing logo, but that looks gone too. It was on a piece of paper, a quality certificate, in the biggest closet, but I'm guessing this is gone because it's pretty easy to see. Lastly, it's under your entry door frame. I don't have many confirmed reports of where they are in these older ones, it might be under the little sill trim plate (pull those 3-4 screws and pop it up), but you might need to take the door frame out to actually see the VIN. The VIN is on a little aluminum tag stapled to the floor under there. Hopefully you can start to see it by taking the sill plate off.

Let me know if you're able to find it!
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:40 AM   #9

SUN #9454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
Welcome fellow Jon! I agree, it most definitely looks like a Sunline 12 1/2' MC. I'm going to say '75-'77.

Those years (some of my favorite) had a very unique plastic Sunline logo attached to the sides of the trailer. Some years had a different/larger front and rear decal too. These plastic logos were screwed in to the trailer, about chest height, in the front corners. They were the lightning logo from the brochure at that time. I've tried to buy a couple of these plastic logos from people selling trailers cheap, but nothing has ever worked out. I've been wanting one for my collection, and now I could actually look at having some replicated with a 3D printer, but so far no luck. So don't expect to find a replacement any time soon...

Your new water heater appears to cover up where your door side one was attached, but it looks like I see some holes on the opposite side below the new bathroom window. The newer trailers used all decals, such as that '79 that Tommie linked, so that's why I'm guessing this one as older.

Yes, the VIN would have been stamped on the front coupler, and it sounds like that is now gone. It was on a sticker on the side, near that missing logo, but that looks gone too. It was on a piece of paper, a quality certificate, in the biggest closet, but I'm guessing this is gone because it's pretty easy to see. Lastly, it's under your entry door frame. I don't have many confirmed reports of where they are in these older ones, it might be under the little sill trim plate (pull those 3-4 screws and pop it up), but you might need to take the door frame out to actually see the VIN. The VIN is on a little aluminum tag stapled to the floor under there. Hopefully you can start to see it by taking the sill plate off.

Let me know if you're able to find it!

Great info thanks! I'd still like to narrow it down, I think the answer lies in either the vin (it might be under the door frame you say (see pic,) ) or I believe if I can figure out what year had the string of running lights in the front of the camper. Clearly the 1979 version only had the running lights on the corners in the front. Mine has a whole string of lights.

I'm also including a few close-up pics of other identifying badges and fittings to confirm this is a sunline and/or identify its year. In one pic I see 3 holes on the bathroom side of the trailer. I believe the first hole (circled in red,) is incidental and not part of the missing badge, but the other two (circled in green,) are 3 inches apart and appear to be drilled. I think this is where the badge goes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00_tt_20170626_184637198.jpg (56.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 01_tt_20170626_184407807.jpg (80.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 02_tt_20170626_185059301.jpg (60.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 03_tt_20170626_185211649.jpg (52.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 04_tt_20170626_185225556.jpg (53.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg tt_20170626_184847812.jpg (80.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-27-2017, 10:44 AM   #10

SUN #9454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
had a very unique plastic Sunline logo attached to the sides of the trailer. ... These plastic logos were screwed in to the trailer, about chest height, in the front corners. They were the lightning logo from the brochure at that time. I've tried to buy a couple of these plastic logos from people selling trailers cheap, but nothing has ever worked out. I've been wanting one for my collection, and now I could actually look at having some replicated with a 3D printer, but so far no luck. So don't expect to find a replacement any time soon...
Well, if you have some descent pictures of the badge, I do quite a bit of work, with cad/cam and 3d printing. I should be able to reproduce the 3d badge if I get a good picture of it with measurements.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #11

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie48 View Post
Great info thanks! I'd still like to narrow it down, I think the answer lies in either the vin (it might be under the door frame you say (see pic,) ) or I believe if I can figure out what year had the string of running lights in the front of the camper. Clearly the 1979 version only had the running lights on the corners in the front. Mine has a whole string of lights.

I'm also including a few close-up pics of other identifying badges and fittings to confirm this is a sunline and/or identify its year. In one pic I see 3 holes on the bathroom side of the trailer. I believe the first hole (circled in red,) is incidental and not part of the missing badge, but the other two (circled in green,) are 3 inches apart and appear to be drilled. I think this is where the badge goes.
The VIN shouldn't be quite under the door frame, but rather just the transition strip. Your rug is partly on it. There should be a few screws there holding it down, remove those and just pop it up. That big piece of aluminum that's part of the door frame will remain there, it doesn't have to come out. Take a look at the two pictures here, that show what it looks like under there:

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...tml#post137783

The whole string of lights across the front of your trailer is not a factory thing, I don't think that's correct for DOT regulation since it's not the front of a motorized vehicle. The two on the outside are correct for any manufactured brand, so someone must have added them.

Nope, all three of those holes would have been used. The entire badge is about 10" long. I have a much better image at home on my computer scaled correctly, as well as a picture of the actual plastic one to show where the screw holes are, but here's roughly what it would have looked like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie48 View Post
Well, if you have some descent pictures of the badge, I do quite a bit of work, with cad/cam and 3d printing. I should be able to reproduce the 3d badge if I get a good picture of it with measurements.
I have a good image that shows where the screw holes are. If you can scale it based on your hole measurements, that could work. Otherwise, I know of where one is, and know someone who might be able to measure it for me. Send me a PM with your email address.

I'm not sure the capabilities of 3D printing now, but the original ones were injection molded and then the plastic was painted with the two colors after.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #12

SUN #9454
I like the club's logo better I worked that up at lunch today:

The original is a piece of cake. Email me a jleslie48 <at> yahoo <dot> com and I'll see what I can do about getting the 3d stl file done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss_Image1.jpg (48.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ss_Image2.jpg (44.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ss_Image3.jpg (60.7 KB, 11 views)

Tags
12.5mc, baby sunline, jleslie48