Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #1

SUN #909
njtaco
Introduction...

Ah, the introduction...

My name is Bob, my user name is derived from my home state (NJ) and the model truck I drive (Toyota Tacoma).

In a former career I worked for two different Sunline dealers, which allowed me the opportunity to work on many trailers for service and warranty work, and very few of the warranty jobs were Sunlines! I have seen a few crashed trailers, a few abused trailers, and have always been impressed with the Sunlines and how well they held up to both scenarios.

I have had two chances to tour the factory (back when...) as well as the factories of other manufacturers, and that settled it...if I was to have a camping trailer, it would be a Sunline.

So I drive a Tacoma, with a whopping 3500lb tow capacity. That meant a small trailer was in order. My wife an I searched and searched, and finally a trailer in our budget came up for sale. A Sunline 1976 12-1/2 MC. 1000lbs axle weight, 100lbs tongue weight, sleeps two and a dog just right.

She needed some work, and still does, but we camped in her anyways.

I lurked here on this forum for a few weeks (months) and researched, learned things about trailers and camping I did not know, and then...went camping.

We towed her to Vermont, PA, and NJ campgrounds, and had a blast.

OK, cut to the chase...why join now?

Because circumstances in life dictate the sale of our little Sunline. I can think of no other group that could appreciate this classic more, so I will be offering her for sale here first. Hopefully, only here...

Make no mistake, I will have another, but the new one will likely be a truck camper, once I acquire a full size pickup again.

I know, it is bad form to introduce myself in post one, and in post two try to sell a camper. Have no fear, I'm not going anywhere. I still have to wash her up, fix some odds and ends, and take pictures before listing. Meanwhile, I'll be around. I love these trailers, and camping, and have come to appreciate forums in general.

Thanks in advance for taking me in,

Bob

Old 07-20-2009, 07:34 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Bob,

Welcome to the group. Sorry to hear that you'll have to part with your wonderful little Sunline. Make sure you post it in the Sunlines for Sale forum, and add pictures if your able to. Hopefully it will find a a very caring new home thru this group.

Your experience with trailers and great compliments about how well Sunlines stand up to the test sure confirms how we all feel about our Sunlines.

Hey, maybe you can pick up a Sunline truck camper, you need to check out the truck camper forum here, Jason aka Lode is totally rebuilding a Sunline truck camper.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote