Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #1

SUN #4547
Gramster is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Introducing myselF. I AM Trish, AKA GRAMSTER

Otherwise known as Gramster by 6.7 grandchildren ranging in age from due in june to 9.5. I am currently owned by both a schnorgie name gryphyn, and a 1977 17SB sunline trailer. I had to retire early from teaching last year in order to keep my health insurance, so I am living very modestly. The stove, oven, and toilet work and the upper bunks appear to have been made sturdier and permanently put in the down position.Much of the trailer is in very good repair. The outside hatch doors will need reinforcing soon and we couldnt get the heater or water heater to light. Heart procedure that went badly means there wont be any heavy work on it done by me, but the fellas who sold it to me said to let them know if anything didnt work... So we'll see. Pictures soon.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:58 AM   #2

SUN #3259
Mellow Yellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi and welcome! There is a lot of info on this site and wonderful, helpful members. I bet your grandkids will love the Sunline !

2001 Sunline Solaris T-250 SR

Mellow Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
Jay

SUN #4376
Jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome!
1979 GMC C-15 Sierra Classic
1930 Ford Model A
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #4

SUN #128
Tweety
Welcome! A tip on lighting the heater and water heater. Light the stove first to get the gas flowing in the lines, then try lighting the other gas appliances. Make sure there's water in the water heater.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #5

SUN #3415
Ham Radio Op is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Gramster and Welcome to the group. As Tweety said lighting the stove first will get the gas in the system and the air out of the gas line. It could take a little while to get gas to the stove. I use one of the butane candle/stove lighters to light my camp stove if I'm using my Coleman camp stove. These lighters do a good job on your camper stove too. After you turn on one of the stove burners, just use the butane lighter to light your stove in your camper. You'll just need to try until the stove burner lights. Be sure you try to light the burner every few seconds so there is not a build up of gas. If the water heater still doesn't light, there may be some insect junk in the burner tube. It's possible to clean the burner tube with a flexible brush like the ones used to clean aquarium filter syphon tubes. Also could be some of the same problem in your heater. But be sure you have water in the water heater before you try to light it. It can take a while to get the gas through the system. Good luck and again welcome. If you still have trouble, sing out. I think someone will be able to shed some light on other possibilities. Also check under the files tab at the top of the page for more info.

Good Luck!

1992 T-2251 - Our first Sunline
2007 T-2553 - Our second Sunline
2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT
Ham Radio Op is offline   Reply With Quote