Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Maine
Posts: 9
SUN #10658
Naturenut is an unknown quantity at this point
Howdy, new owner of a Sunline, rebuilding it.

Hi guys. I am a new owner of a sunline trailer. I am trying to get it on the road but having troubles with the vin as a few letters are unclear as they were half scraped off, and unsure of the model. I may have to resort to looking under the sill plate. Also unsure of the year. Found this site and think it is pretty fascinating. Would any of you like to help me solve the mysteries of this camper? I can't seem to be able to find the files section on this site but that may be because I am on a tablet. Just got done resealing the roof today. That was a three day job.... What I can make out of the vin appears to 1L?2S1K26?D222375. The question marks are I believe the first one is a c and the second is an e or an f. But those combinations say they are invalid on searches. So yeah need to figure out the correct vin, model, and year. Any ideas?
__________________

__________________
Naturenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Maine
Posts: 9
SUN #10658
Naturenut is an unknown quantity at this point
I typed sunline in the title but my tablet changed it. Lol.
__________________

__________________
Naturenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Maine
Posts: 9
SUN #10658
Naturenut is an unknown quantity at this point
Found the files section. Pretty sure it is a sunline satellite t2260. Were those made specifically in 1988 or in other years as well?
__________________
Naturenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,524
SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
A great thing for any camper owner a #1 and #2 Robertson screwdriver! They can take the entire camper apart!
__________________
mainah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:19 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Maine
Posts: 9
SUN #10658
Naturenut is an unknown quantity at this point
Noted. Lol. Lost count of the rusty screws we replaced in the roof alone.
__________________
Naturenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:52 AM   #6
Moderator
 
Sunline Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,704
SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturenut View Post
Hi guys. I am a new owner of a sunline trailer. I am trying to get it on the road but having troubles with the vin as a few letters are unclear as they were half scraped off, and unsure of the model. I may have to resort to looking under the sill plate. Also unsure of the year. Found this site and think it is pretty fascinating. Would any of you like to help me solve the mysteries of this camper? I can't seem to be able to find the files section on this site but that may be because I am on a tablet. Just got done resealing the roof today. That was a three day job.... What I can make out of the vin appears to 1L?2S1K26?D222375. The question marks are I believe the first one is a c and the second is an e or an f. But those combinations say they are invalid on searches. So yeah need to figure out the correct vin, model, and year. Any ideas?
The 2260 was made over many years throughout the '80s.

The first ? is definitely a C. The second, either are likely, anywhere between probably a C and an L. That digit signifies the year. If you attach a picture of the trailer, I should be able to ID the year from that. If you are sure it's an E or F, E would mean it's a 1984 and F would mean 1985. I have a calculator at home that would verify the VIN once we confirm the year. Yes, there's actually math behind a VIN!

I do agree that it's a 22' trailer, so the 2260 is a likely model for that.
__________________
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9461.2 (as of 10/01/16)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Virginia
Posts: 33
SUN #10562
Vacallum85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi I bought a sunline satellite 1987 19' camper about 5 weeks ago , so far I've removed water damaged walls , upgraded the gas regulator , removed the broken fridge , replaced the shower heads and faucets , and will convert to electric water heating very soon , it's a challenge but this forum will definitely help !
__________________
Vacallum85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:06 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1
SUN #10669
Michelle.E is an unknown quantity at this point
Cannot find any info on my 1998 sunline solaris t-2053 i need a manual can anyone help me please.
__________________
Michelle.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #9
Moderator
 
Sunline Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,704
SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle.E View Post
Cannot find any info on my 1998 sunline solaris t-2053 i need a manual can anyone help me please.
Welcome Michelle! There really wasn't a complete manual that came with the trailer, like you'd receive with your car. The manual consisted of a bunch of individual appliance manuals in a binder. There are a few generic operation manuals out there. Check out our files section for some of these individual manuals. If you aren't sure how to work something, feel free to let us know and we'll explain it.

Sunline Coach Owner's Club - Sunline Owner's Files
__________________
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9461.2 (as of 10/01/16)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:30 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Maine
Posts: 9
SUN #10658
Naturenut is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
The 2260 was made over many years throughout the '80s.

The first ? is definitely a C. The second, either are likely, anywhere between probably a C and an L. That digit signifies the year. If you attach a picture of the trailer, I should be able to ID the year from that. If you are sure it's an E or F, E would mean it's a 1984 and F would mean 1985. I have a calculator at home that would verify the VIN once we confirm the year. Yes, there's actually math behind a VIN!

I do agree that it's a 22' trailer, so the 2260 is a likely model for that.
Found the 2nd vin and pretty sure its an E. So its an 84. Registered it and took it out for 12 days. Love it. Definitely needs some TLC though. Few leaks in the water system, awning needs some help as it came apart at the back, and water pump isn't able to move water. Also light covers are old and cracked. But overall it was quite comfortable.
__________________
Naturenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:23 PM   #11
Moderator
 
Sunline Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,704
SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturenut View Post
Found the 2nd vin and pretty sure its an E. So its an 84. Registered it and took it out for 12 days. Love it. Definitely needs some TLC though. Few leaks in the water system, awning needs some help as it came apart at the back, and water pump isn't able to move water. Also light covers are old and cracked. But overall it was quite comfortable.
Awesome! Leaks in the plumbing aren't fun to deal with, it sounds like it wasn't properly winterized sometime in the past. The water pump, if it's a ShurFLO, you can probably order a new pump head if the motor seems to be working ok, it's about half the cost of a new pump. But if you'd rather just buy a whole new pump due to the age, totally understandable.

Lights are easy- they are Bargman #99 series. I just ordered all new ones for my '79 from eTrailer. I'd splurge for the whole light assembly if I were you, they are only a couple dollars more and already super cheap. When these lenses crack, water leaks in and the fixtures corrode and don't work, so they aren't worth trying to fix.

For the awning- are the brackets attached to the trailer coming out, or is it an issue with the awning itself? If it's the brackets- if they are coming loose, that's always due to water damage and wood rot, which you may not know about from signs inside yet. Either way, post some pictures and we can help walk you through how to repair.
__________________
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9461.2 (as of 10/01/16)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Maine
Posts: 9
SUN #10658
Naturenut is an unknown quantity at this point
Basically the pin that holds the awning to the support was sheared off so it fell apart when we opened it and lost its ability to roll up on its own now. Replaced the pin with a small nail temporarily but will need to do something different. And I was talking of the square interior light covers. There is some evidence of past water damage that I hope we have fixed. No visible leaks now, but still needs a lot of TLC. My next projects are to modify my composting toilet, and to install a wood stove and a small 12 volt fridge.
__________________
Naturenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Maine
Posts: 9
SUN #10658
Naturenut is an unknown quantity at this point
The person that had it before us did some work to it and messed up some things. Running lights don't work, and blinkers are a little wonky, so going to have to play around with wiring, which I do not look forward to, but will be changing everything to 12 volt LEDs in the process and installing solar panels. They also put down sticky laminate tiles everywhere and they are coming up, so want to pull them all out and do something better. Guess my Axel is a little bent too..... Ugh.
__________________
Naturenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #14
Moderator
 
JohnB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 9,175
SUN #89
JohnB is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturenut View Post
Guess my Axel is a little bent too..... Ugh.
Hi,

Your axle being bent, how are you seeing this? If it seems bent "up" or like arched up, in the center left to right of the camper, that is normal. It is axle camber for a trailer. If it is bent out by the wheel that is different.

Hope this helps

John
__________________

__________________
Current Sunlines: 2004 T310SR - Fern Blue, 2004 T1950 - Fern Blue, 2004 T2475 - Nutmeg
Prior Sunlines: 2004 T2499 - Fern Blue
2005 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.8L V10 W/ 4.10 rear axle, CC, Short Bed, SRW. Reese HP trunnion bar hitch W/ HP DC

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sublime 2475 on website Tourist Sunlines For Sale 1 04-16-2017 10:26 PM
rebuilding a sunline Alan Alho Repairs and Maintenance 3 02-22-2012 07:17 PM
newby starting a rebuilding process Alan Alho Introduce Yourself 4 07-29-2010 05:33 PM
Rebuilding my floor RPierce Repairs and Maintenance 20 04-24-2010 06:46 AM
Howdy New to Club Ken Donna Introduce Yourself 7 11-28-2009 06:33 AM



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sunline RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:42 PM.