Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-19-2008, 07:15 AM   #1

SUN #523
ithinkican2002
Send a message via Yahoo to ithinkican2002
Hi from NE Penna

Hi, I am happy to have found this site. My sons and I have camped since they were little. At first it was just a nice inexpensive vacation for us on my single-mom salary. We were hooked after a weekend! Started with tents and moved to an old used pop-up, but couldn't leave the "purist" tent mentality.

Now, 25 years into our camping lives, I have a "baby" Solaris that we bought from a neighbor. Interestingly, I didn't buy it for camping. My son needs to spend much time in hospital and I have to stay with him. So, as the unit is the size of a parking space, it has become my friend. We take it and just claim to spaces and leave it there. While I spend most nights in a chair next to his bed, how nice it is to go out to my "room" to have a good cry, a little nap, or just feel like I am home fixing a meal, etc.

I also plan to take it with us to fairs and any other "thing" I want to visit as we can go out to our "baby" and let him rest. How wonderful is this?

In fact, I am excited because we will be going to take a little trip to see the whales, which he couldn't have tolerated if we didn't have this.

My only complaint is that the bathroom is so small that I am the only person willing to use it as he is claustrophobic and it is about half the size of a phone booth. Will keep eye open for a solution but, in the meantime will park close to facilities.

Am only posting this info to share the many great uses I have discovered for our baby. But I also appreciate the craftsmenship and quality of work. Looking forward to reading the easy ways to clean it on the outside too.

Can't wait to make friens and learn about our options.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:20 PM   #2

SUN #213
Diane is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome!

You'll enjoy this forum and there are so many helpful people on it to answer questions. Sorry to hear your son requires so much hospital care and it's wonderful how your Sunline will help you and him to travel.

Former 2011 North Trail & 2014 Open Range
Current 2017 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2016 Ford F-350 Lariat Diesel
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #3

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Linda, Welcome to the forum....sorry to hear of the immediate "use" of your Sunline, but think of the "fun" things you can now do.

If you have any specific questions, you have found the right place to ask....the people on this forum are the most knowledgeable and friendliest group you can ever meet!

Hope you enjoy whale watching in your new to you Sunny!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #4

SUN #53
irishguy101
Linda, you have made quite a few friends already, just by your post.
Ask anything you want to and I am sure you will get a few answers.
And last but not least WELCOME to the Family of Proud Sunline Coach owners.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #5

SUN #139
Al in PA
Linda:

Welcome. It's too bad that Sunline is no longer in business: They used to customize coaches for owners with special needs. I bought my first Sunline (same unit as yours, only older) from a couple who had ordered a wheelchair accessible TT from Sunline. Despite its small size, that bathroom is nice to have in the middle of the night.

I hope your son's health improves so he can enjoy this camping season. The whale watching trip sounds great.
2007 T-2553
2003 Silverado 1500
Al in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:06 AM   #6

SUN #523
ithinkican2002
Send a message via Yahoo to ithinkican2002
Wish you could see my smile . . . .

How great to open my mail and find such welcoming posts. Thank you. I am looking at a larger used unit and am trying to figure out a way to afford both. (single mom syndrome)

The kind words about my son were comforting. Thank you. We are troopers, though. Unfortunately, he will not be getting better. That is why I want a bigger unit so we can make the most of our "healthy time."

PLEASE do not think I am telling about him as a pity play. We are happy and well. He has a condition where he will need many more surgeries and we have accepted that and are now just joining a "gang" of people who like the same things we do. (last time this will be mentioned, by the way)

I even love the fact that we can no longer be told by our apartment dwelling friends that "We would love to have you, but do not have the room." My response is "That's okay, we have a room of our own."

As you can see, Spring Fever is grabbing me by the arms and dragging me out of the winter doldrums.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #7

SUN #139
Al in PA
[we have a room of our own.]

That's one of the things I like best about our Sunline. When I travel for business, I always wish I was sleeping in my Sunline instead of a hotel. I simply cannot sleep well unless it's in my own bed.

It also comes in handy when you get too much company at one time. When my next door neighbor was ill, some of his family stayed in my TT while helping his wife care for him. They also stayed in it between Christmas and New Years: There was no water, but the furnace allowed them to sleep in comfort.

2007 T-2553
2003 Silverado 1500
Al in PA is offline   Reply With Quote