Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-31-2015, 09:14 AM   #1

SUN #7767
cliffordacoo is an unknown quantity at this point
help advise before purchasing

Looking at a 1983 13' Sunline Camper, ID # 3014080, in Copake Falls, NY...last registered in 2011, sitting on grass....any advise....??

Old 08-31-2015, 05:58 PM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Just the normal look for water damage.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:09 AM   #3

SUN #7767
water damage, where??...that's it .....anything else?...What about flipping axil? Does $700 sound reasonable??...would appreciate any other advise....Will my 2014 Subaru Forester do the towing adequately.......what is the weight?
Old 09-01-2015, 09:48 AM   #4

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/do...20Trailers.pdf

Check the above brochures for model, weight, etc.

Welcome to the forum. $700 for the TT or $700 to flip the axle?

Do you have any pictures? What is on the TT, such as AC, awning, shower, oven, etc.? Are they in good working order? Any soft spots in the floor, ceiling, walls? This can be evident by sagging or wrinkled wall paper. Look behind the refrigerator (outside panel), heater (outside panel) and cargo door/s to see if there is any rot. Does the TT have any propane tanks, battery/ies, etc. all the above can have effect on value.

$700 for the TT in my opinion could be a very good price if the unit is in good to at least a rebuild-able condition. Tires, hitch in good shape....at least to get it safely home?
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:07 AM   #5

SUN #7767
more on 1983 SunlineID #

Thanks Bunjin, where in Ct. do u hail??...I'm in Litchfield....I'm getting mixed messages on the weight....an M 1250 listed 1255#'s, M1350 showed #1565????, what does TT stand for....how do I post a picture?...It looks just like the one next to Scott Carpenter's pic in the brochure....Does the ID# 3014080 help??...$700 is the Asking price...Was last registered in 2011.....Appreciate your help....
Old 09-01-2015, 11:47 AM   #6

SUN #5039
I'm from Bristol, CT. Work in Barkhamsted. TT is short for Travel Trailer. In CT it is important at DMV to call it a travel trailer and "NOT" a "Camper". Ask me how I know?

M is a Nada thing. T is Sunline, i.e. I have a 1983 T-1550. It is 14'-11" long. That is from bumper to center of the coupler ball hitch. My coach is about 13'. At present my tongue weight is about 175 lbs. This is with two 20 pound propane tanks but not with the battery on it. No water in the tanks; fresh, black or grey. I need to reweigh with everything in and on the trailer. I have no AC on the roof nor do I have an awning attached.

On level ground I can pull my trailer by hand. A T-1250 is a different model from a T-1350, thus the weight AND size difference. Also the weights varied some from year to year. I'm only guessing but that has some to do with what went from optional in early years to standard in later years. Also materials change some. The weight is out the door from Sunline with standard features. options have to be added in.

The ID# may help Sunline Fan as he is the expert on these trailers.

One way to post picture is to go the "Go Advanced" button and click on the attachment tab. This will allow you to browse your computer for files. Pick the image of interest and upload. Johnb can explain or link you to the other ways, such as photobucket, etc.

Down in this size/weight range most any TV (Tow Vehicle) can pull these without a problem.

Use the link I gave you in the post above to study the floor plans and you should find the model you are looking at to purchase.

Where may I ask is this trailer located. I didn't see anything listed on Craig's List in this size range.
P3 break control
Old 09-01-2015, 12:38 PM   #7

SUN #7767
great help...thanks.....TT is in Copake, NY...don't tell anyone....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150901Camper Trailerphoto 4.JPG (165.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #8

SUN #7767
another pic.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150901CamperTrailerphoto 2.JPG (191.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 09-01-2015, 01:34 PM   #9

SUN #7767
Smile SOME INTERIOR PICS, 1983 tt

interior pics.......& the beat goes on.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150901interiorphoto 1.JPG (40.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 20150901Interiorphoto 2.JPG (44.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 20150901Interiorphoto 3.JPG (33.3 KB, 68 views)
Old 09-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #10

SUN #4050
Wannabes is an unknown quantity at this point
From the pixs, it looks in decent shape but pixs can hide a lot, as we found out when we were looking at TTs. As previously stated, look (& smell) for water damage. Press the interior walls and surfaces, look for visible signs (peeling wallpaper, warped walls/ceiling), check inside the cabinets and in the corners especially. Smell for mold/mildew. Some people use a moisture meter as well to check for water damage. Also, the tires should be under 5 years old or they'll need to be replaced. If it was last registered in '11, I'd imagine that the tires are over 5 years old. As far as flipping the axle goes, we did it on our 2363 but don't know how necessary it is on a smaller trailer.

As Bunjin stated, $700 may be a good price if it's in good condition with no water damage; it's not-so-good of a price if you have to do a lot of repairs.

Matthew and Lisa
TT: '02 T-2363;
TV: 2012 Ford F-150, 4x4/Off-road, 5.0L V8, "Big Gray"
Reese Straitline w/ dual cam
Wannabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #11

SUN #5039
Ok. That is a T-1250 from what I can see. I'm posting another brochure that shows the floor plans of the 1983 model year. Meant to do it earlier.

Check and see if it has a furnace. I see lights thus it should have a converter, but check and see. It has (2) 20 pound propane tanks. Does it have a battery and or battery box? Hopefully both.

It looks as if the tail lights have wiring running externally. Ask why.

It has the 3 burner range, no oven. No surprise there.

Does it have a toilet and shower pan in the bathroom?

Does it have "all" the cushions for the dinette? It looks like I'm seeing the overhead bunk pads...yes? Does it have the overhead bunk. This is also storage space. It appears to have.

I bring these questions up as the T-1250 had options on many of these items. This TT "appears" to have many of the options.

Please keep in mind that you are likely to incur many more dollars in things like tires, and general camping items of which you may or may not have.

The pictures do look pretty good. Have the seller demo the frig., furnace, burners lights, etc. before purchase. I have looked at units that appeared to be pretty good only to have burner and furnace pilot flames before the the appropriate place they should be. Literally accidents just waiting to happen.

Many sellers don't even know much about the trailers and proper functions of the items within and without.

Lastly, the value comes down to what you see, need and/or want. Will this serve your camping needs? Can you put more into it if need be?

It is cute.

P.S. If you pass on it I'm kinda looking to purchase a T-1250 for my daughter.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/do...er%20Specs.pdf
P3 break control
Old 09-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #12

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good check for soft spots and stains if all the stuff works that's an OK price no need to flip the axles the only reason you might is on a longer trailer that runs a risk of dragging sewer pipes with a big dip in the road actually the lower to some extent is better due to wind drag. If you drag it off road it maybe a different story. The Suby should tow it fine.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #13

SUN #7767
Hi all...just found out that there is no title for my (hopefully) 1983 Sunline TT1250 or1350...It resides now in NY State, I will register it in Ct....ID # 3014080, last registered in Mass in 2011....Any advise????
Old 09-03-2015, 03:07 PM   #14

SUN #5039
T-1250 is close to the front entry. T-1350 is a close to the rear entry, also little longer and heavier. You are looking at a T-1250

Check with CT DMV. I would check with Waterbury before Winsted. I think you will get better results with Waterbury (long story why). Is there one closer to you?

What proof of purchase did the New Yorker have when purchasing it from MA, or is it just the party from Ma moved to NY?

CT may be able to verify the MA registration or when you purchase you get that in the bill of sale.

The Vin.# is important to match the paperwork.

The 1983 T-1550 that I bought was purchased from someone that lived in CT but they had purchased it from someone in NY or MA (don't remember just which, but out of state)

The people in CT hadn't registered it in CT or any place for that matter. The Vin# given them was wrong on the title or bill of sale (again don't remember exactly) but the Vin# was correct on the bill of sale by CT sellers to me. I had to go to Wethersfield for a Vin# verification as CT couldn't find any record of it being register in OR out of state.

I had to drive the trailer to Wethersfield and have them look at the Vin# on the trailer. Whehersfield is a very old facility and with a double cab (19 foot) truck pulling a (16 foot) trailer around that tight curve to the building was tight. I can't even imagine a large trailer combo or Class A coming close. Also no real place to park a combination well in the parking lot.

Go to this link and click on the download button. It has the specs. and floor plans.
Sunline Coach Owner's Club - Sunline Owner's Files - 1983 Sunline Travel Trailer Specifications

Also see the images I extracted from that brochure. Left image is the T-1250 and right image is the T-1350
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1983 T-1250 _1983 T-1350.jpg (40.8 KB, 9 views)

P3 break control