Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-03-2015, 08:14 PM   #1

SUN #7782
Phil-from-TN is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello from west TN

I Have a 1996 Sunline Solaris that came from MT. The story on that one is my son worked a contract for the BLM up in Glasgow MT back in 2013 and bought it to live in for 6-8 months. That summer we took a super vacation and drove all the way there via Rushmore then picked him up and headed for Yellowstone. It was an amazing trip. We were on our way back to Glasgow in his 03 F250 and it broke down between Forsyth and Miles City on 94. After a tow to Miles City he needed $3600 in repairs(injectors and egr). That Ford dealer really did us great They had us out in 1 day!!! It was amazing. Well, being his first job my son didn't have the funds so dad got the bill. Its only money....

To make a long story short, his contract ended and he headed for home; trailer in tow. He backed it in my driveway and handed me the title. So that's how I became the owner of my Sunline. He put a tarp over the front because of a roof leak and its been out there since. I finally have some time to work on it and it looks like the the front of the roof about 1-2 feet in is bad as well as some of the front wall and right side wall. I figure I'll be using the holiday to get her apart and see how extensive the damage is. Having a full shop I'll be fixing it and not junking it. I like this kind of stuff and I always wanted a travel trailer. Any tips on roof replacing and repairing it will be most appreciated. I've got to get her done because the wife wants to go boonedocking in the Painted Desert area next summer..... Should be a challenge to get the old girl ready.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #2

SUN #7782
My serial number is:
1LC2S2L2XTD255476
Is there any way to decode this so I can find out what all I have. This is our first ever camper and we are so pumped about hitting the road. I first have to fix the water damage in the front and replace the roof?. What actually determines if the roof needs replacing? I suppose that's a dumb question, but if I can peel it back, repair the underlying wood and reseal it; is that even an option. So many questions..... y'all are going to get sick of hearing from me.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:16 PM   #3

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Phil - we never get sick of people who want to learn.....so hang in there!

Hopefully SunlineFan will chime in here soon.....he can decode your serial #!

Welcome to the forum!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #4

SUN #7782
I have been watching tons of YouTube videos and scouring this site. Lots to learn and digest. I'm not afraid of any of the work but it's interesting to see how these TT are put together.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:53 PM   #5

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Phil,

In the mean time, if you look at the top of the page, you will see a "file" button. Click on it and it will open up a page. Look to the left column and you will see "brochures". Click on it and it will open up to a page that has years of the brochures. Click on "1996". You can look at the floor plans and show help you with your model number, etc.

I have linked that year here: Click "download" and it will open. This link may or may not work. If not follow the directions above.

Good luck.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/do...o=file&id=5504
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #6

SUN #7782
Thanks a bunch bunjin. That brochure is full of insights. I do know that the hot water tank has a leak. My son let me know about that. So I'll be investigating that. I was looking at a tankless replacement as Atwood has one and Amazon has a great price. It's kind of fun to get into this "remodel" .
Old 09-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #7

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes,......$$$ fun!
P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:54 PM   #8

SUN #7782
I started a rebuild thread as I think it may benefit somebody else that has the problems I do with mine. Its also kind of fun to document the process. I have some pretty ambitious plans for the Sunline. First off is to get her watertight, then road worthy, and finally some cool mods and additions. I guess it will be a modernization of the old girl. I look forward to the work and even more forward to the fun we'll have when she is done.