Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #1

SUN #787
Sherry & Billy
Hello from Md's Eastern Shore

Hello from Hoopers Island....We are glad we ran across the forum. We have a Solaris T-317 SR 2004 and love it. Had some bad luck recently when the house next door to where we have it parked burnt down. Trailer has quite a bit of damage, mostly cosmetic. but. Some windows cracked and siding rippled and discolored from the heat. Roof and awnings will have to be replaced etc. We have sent them an estimate but are waiting to see what their apraiser is going to say.. He mentioned that they may total it.... We don't know what to do honestly. It was in brand new condition and we absolutely love it. Meanwhile.....we are waiting and thinking about the trips that we have already planned for the summer and fall.

Cocker Spaniels (Curly Sue & Raggy)
Chocolate Lab ( Cheyenne)
Sherry & Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #2

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Eastern SHore is great

Whenever we go North/South we always go thru the Easern shore. Our first trip to Florida took us 18 weeks primarily because we loved the eastern shore.

Good luck with your camper,

No0rm Milliard

Old 04-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome Sherry & Billy!

I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation. Hopefully they won't total it.

I'd love to see some pics of what it looks like now, just to see what heat would do to it.

If they do total it, I would love if you could get me some information, including the VIN, for my registry, as it would most likely be lost forever where ever it goes in its future life.

I regret to tell you that the striping and logos are no longer available for your coach, but I do have some parts and have them scanned. Let me know if you're interested. I wouldn't tell this to the insurance company though, because the cost to have 30' of striping and a logo reprinted won't please them. I've yet to have one made, but if I do, I'd be glad to pass along the price. Sunline said a couple years ago that to have a large logo (from the front/rear) reprinted would cost about $50 each, maybe more if you had just one or two. I really have no idea how much striping would cost per foot. I know Sunline used to charge like $5 a foot, but that was all old leftover striping.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:23 AM   #4

SUN #599
Lode is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lode
Terribly sorry to hear about your camper's proximity to the house fire. I hope no one was hurt.

Personally, I hope it they fix it but it's probably more cost effective for the insurance company to total it and give you a check. I have little doubt as to your frustration. It's a pain to run around looking for a camper to replace one that you already own and love. They should tack on a 'pain and suffering' compensation because it really is a pita.

I'm going to be down your way this weekend with my wife for a quick quiet getaway to OCMD and I'd love to come take a look at your trailer... with your permission. I can get a few pictures and info for Sunline fan's data base and I'm curious as to the condition myself as a potential fixer upper if they do decide to total it.

Please drop me a pm here on the board to possibly work something out, we're down from Friday night to Tues morning and won't be doing much sunning and swimming at the beach.

Thanks, Take care,
Lode
https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/Lodeline.jpg
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote