Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #1

SUN #998
sandy&joe
Hello From MD

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I would just like say hello to the club and get acqauinted with the site and the members. We purchased our 26' - '88 Sunline Satellite September 2009 and enjoy it very much in spite of it's age. We'll post some pictures to the site in the Spring & Summer once we get it on the road and taking trips.

This is our first camper and it suits our needs quite well in spite of some repairs we need to make before we can travel with it. The previous owners bought it 2 years before we did, parked it in their yard and there it sat until we came along. So for sitting untended to for 2 years, it was in pretty good shape. It has some minor problems but as Spring approaches those will be repaired or replaced and we'll be on our way to enjoying the "portable home" lifestyle.

I do have one question that some of you might be able to answer. I'm considering buying a portable generator for our rig and I'd like to know what's the smallest size I can get that will run the whole camper to include the A/C, the furnace and all the electric. The rig has a 30 amp electric system on it if that helps.

Have a good day and maybe we'll meet some of you when we start taking trips.

Sandy & Joe

Old 02-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #2

SUN #258
pwb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the club. You'll find the search feature helpful for some of the questions you might have.

I assume you'll be camping at public campsites so you'll need a generator that's quiet and meets environmental standards. They are expensive models such as the Hondas You're looking at a 3000w to power the whole unit including AC. A 2000w which is about 1800w running would be too small but would be fine if not for the AC. Check the manual if you have it. The AC probably draws 18 amps alone.
2013 Rockwood 8280WS 5th wheel
2006 Sunline Solaris T-1950
pwb01 is offline   Reply With Quote