Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #1

SUN #1030
paulr
Hello everyone!

Hello all, my wife and I are from Ky. and this is our very first camper, I had done a lot of research and decided that I wanted a sunline camper for the craftsmanship but since we have a 2005 V6 trailblazer for a towing it needed to be small so when I found this one I knew I had to buy it. The nice people we purchased it from assured us that it had never leaked and it was in perfect working order, since it was dark and I was in a hurry, well you know how it is. After we replace all the rotted wood in the front where the window and marker light has leaked I hope to have it all put back together in a month or two, but hey it is a good excuse to remodel it the way we want it right?

Old 03-26-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Paul,

Welcome to the group. Not sure but it looks like your trailer is sporting a "Restless Wheels" dealership sticker near the door. I had a 1986 T-1661 and it was a very nice little trailer, the only thing I ever did to it was re-upholster the cushions (original fabric dry-rotted). Boy, sure did put a LOT of miles on that little Sunline.

You made a very good decision purchasing a Sunline, as they were very well built.

If you have any questions/concerns about your rig, just ask here and it won't take long before you have some answers/opinions.

And we REALLY like to see pictures, so if you can post more, we'd love to see them.

Here is a pic of my little Sunline (before the awning was added)

Kitty

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #3

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
Paul,

Welcome to the group.

I have a very similar weight trailer. We have towed it all across North America for three years without a problem. Our tow vehicle is decidedly smaller, lighter and with a much smaller, less powerful 4 cylinder engine.

Of course we occasionally need to down shift but it's not a problem. We have found the trailer to be a lot of fun and for most of our camper friends a wonder.

It is very flexible and if you want to reconfigure it, it's very easy to do.

Enjoy your Sunline and safe travels,
Honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Paul

Welcome to Sunline Owners club! Glad to have you with us.

First off thanks for picture posting!!! Cool. And I see you are into the reconstruction hobby too! Are numbers of reconstruction artists is growing. So post away when you get some done or in the process.

Again welcome and Happy Camping

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #5

SUN #1030
paulr
Good eye kitty that is what that sticker is, and so far we love it but the first morning we got up and actually looked over the camper we found this.

We were a little concerned to say the least, so after a day of demo and learning that campers are built from the inside out, we saw how much damage we had.

The 1x2 that runs up the corner was rotted half way up the side and all the 1x2s under the window , but believe it or not the floor was sound! so we consider ourselves lucky because I really thought I was going to have to replace the floor in the corner.

Thanks john, I am an electronics technician by trade but my second love ( first being my wife jaime of 14 years ) is stained glass and wood crafts so I hope some of the skills I have in that area will translate over into camper remodel and repair. I will post pics as I go but which section should post them in?
Old 03-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
WOW Paul,

You've got yourself a real project. But, it's fixable and then you'll have a wonderful little trailer.

WOW, you do stained glass, I just love that stuff. Hum, do you do projects for individuals ?

Keep us posted on your repairs to your little Sunline,

Kitty
Old 03-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #7

SUN #1030
paulr
We sure do, what do you have in mind and I can let you know when we could get to it.
On a side note what size awning did you put on your sunline? The one that came with the trailer is just an awning no poles, no hardware and I can't for the life of me figure out how it works, it looks like there is a track above the door for the awning to slid in but not sure how it's supposed to stay so I think I will buy a roll up awning but not sure where to start.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
Paul,

I don't recall the exact size of the awning that I had installed, but I'm thinking 10 or 12 foot. I purchased it on sale at Camping World and had them install it. Here is a not so great pic of it, it did not look so over-powering on the trailer, I was just sorta down hill from the Sunline when I took that pic:

As to the stained glass, of course it would be Sunline related. Will think about what I might like and get back to you if that's ok ?

Kitty
Old 03-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #9

SUN #1030
paulr
That would be just fine.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #10

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulr

Thanks john, I am an electronics technician by trade but my second love ( first being my wife jaime of 14 years ) is stained glass and wood crafts so I hope some of the skills I have in that area will translate over into camper remodel and repair. I will post pics as I go but which section should post them in?
Hi Paul.

Another Sparkie. Cool!!! There are times we can really "get into it" and need some more expertise to help sort things out.

It looks like you have a project on your hands. But all is fixable.

Where to post, there is a forum on here, scroll down, in the technical forums called repairs and maintenance. Just make up a new post can all it what ever, Fixing the front of the camper, etc. and have at it. That way most all the fix it post are in the same section for folks looking for them in the future.

Good luck and looking forward to the progress.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote