Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #1

SUN #5726
Leatherneck1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Greetings SOC

Greetings one & all!

I'm brand new to travel trailers, and recently became the proud owner of a 1991 Sunline T2470.

So far I'm VERY pleased in my “new” second home. The fridge, lights, stove and radio work, and she doesn't seem to leak from what I've observed so far. Just to be on the safe side I sealed the roof a few weeks back before winter set in.

The previous owner says the water pump works, but she will need a new hot water heater.

What I have so far is a huge improvement over living in a tent, and having a warm bed to sleep in goes a long way! Working on getting the shower up and running can wait till next spring.

I did notice that on the outside, at the bottom edge on the trailers side where the "foot" of the awning leg rests is "soft". Looks like the wood behind the siding may need to be replaced in order to reattach the foot to the side of the trailer.

In addition to being happy with my trailer, I'm happy to have found this wonderful website! I look forward to making some improvements/repair to my trailer and hope to be able to provide some pics & information along the way.

If anyone out there is a fellow T2470 owner - I'd be VERY interested to know of any insights you may have on operating and/or maintain your TT.

Semper Fi,
Rob

Old 12-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome Rob.....this is the most informative, friendly forum on the net. If you have a chance post some pictures of your new to you home!

If you have any questions...this is the place to ask them!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome Rob! Rich (vcrt) is a fellow 2470 owner who did a lot of rebuilding work on his trailer. Hopefully he sees this or you could send him a PM.

When the lower awning bracket becomes loose, that's often a sign that the rot is worse than it appears. Chances are you'll have to replace a few square feet of wood, not just a board on the edge. But you really can't tell until you get into it. Not sure if it's the front or rear one, but if it's the bedroom area one with carpet, that'll be hard to see until you pull the carpet up. If it's in the bathroom, you should be able to look for discoloration in the vinyl flooring- it'll turn black if the wood is wet/rotting underneath. I believe you have a storage door back there to access under the shower, and you should also have an access panel to unscrew. You could put a slice in the vinyl under there to see how the wood is.
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #4

SUN #1879
OhhWell is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, unfortunately, that soft area behind the awning anchor point is almost always a sure sign of rot and it usually isn't pretty. I did have one anchor that came loose but the wood was completely dry behind. The screw had just broke the threads in the wood. That was a good feeling...

Former trailers - '94 T-2770
'02 t-2753
'08 Keystone Sprinter 299BHSS
OhhWell is offline   Reply With Quote