Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #1

SUN #908
jimh
antenna/cable connection

Hi everyone, I really appreciate the help I received on the exterior lights. I have another question I and was wondering if I could get some assistance with. I must be not seeing something but I will be camping where there is no cable, and I will have to use the antenna. I know where the screw for the antenna is, but where is the hookup for the antenna?? The only hookup I see is the ones for the cable tv. I feel foolish but I must be missing something and would really appreciate your help. When I hookup the digital converter it keeps telling me to check the antenna because there is no antenna signal. I have a model 2499. thanks in advance
Jimh

Old 08-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Jim,

I didn't notice what year your 2499 is, but it is a very nice floor plan, I just got rid of my '06 2499 for an '03 T-320 SR (Needed more ROOM)

Now, to your question. In the TV cabinet at the wall plate, there is a button to push that should turn on a small red light. When you have this button pushed it activates the TV antenna booster. If you are connected to a cable setup, don't push the button.

Your TV is connected to the threaded nipple on the wallplate, and you don't have to change that connection, just push the button "IF" you want the TV to receive it's signal from the roof mounted antenna.

I'm sure some of the guys will be along with a better escription, but that's a girls explanation.

Kitty

Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #3

SUN #597
henryj
The inside wall plate with the 12V outlet and "cable" connector is actually a multifunction plate. I believe it is the third one down in this link:
http://winegard.com/mobile/wallplates.php

The little push button--with an LED light--is a signal amplifier used only with the antenna. Don't forget to turn it off when not in use as it does use 12V power. This signal amplifier makes a huge difference and should always be used with an over-the-air signal.

Hook up the TV as you would for cable, push the signal amplifier, raise the antenna, turn on the TV, and turn the antenna 1/4 turn in either direction to optimize the signal.

It's a good idea to tie a bright ribbon, plastic bag, whatever, to the antenna crank as a reminder to lower it down before traveling. Oh, and pivot the antenna back to its original position before lowering it.

Henry
henryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #4

SUN #908
jimh
antenna /cable connection

I appreciate the response on my question. everyone has been very helpful on this site. thanks