Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #1

SUN #1455
pilgrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Another newbie

Hi, my husband and I are still working on our new-to-us 2004 Solaris Lite 2363. We have done rving in the past, but not for a bit. (Unless you count months in the summer in our little truck camper with a basset taking up all the floor space.) We were so impressed with the quality of the Solaris when we saw it, though we had never heard of them before. What a shame the Sunline Company went out of business! I am looking for the big front decal, so if anyone knows where they can be found currently, I'd appreciate knowing.

We plan a first trip in the next week or two. Maybe to Tombstone or Pinos Altos, New Mexico. Our long term plans include the Washington coast next summer. It would be great to connect with some other Tucson Sunline owners, and maybe swap tips or even burgers and chips.

So glad to have found you,
Tama White

pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #2

SUN #128
Tweety
At one point this dealer had some. I'm not sure if it's the right color combo but it's worth a call.
Adamstown, Pennsylvania, Cedar Creek, Salem, Surveyor, RV, Fifth Wheel, Class A, Park Model, Dealer, Used, Parts, Travel trailer,camping trailer

2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Welcome Pilgram!!!

Glad you find us and glad you found your Sunline. There are not to many Sunlines out west but we do have them out there. I know the basic Tucson area as we have a manufacturing plant in Casa Grande just down the road from you that I visit from time to time.

The large front decal on a 2004. This dealer “might” have some left. They had some a while ago, do not know if they are all gone or not. Give them a call. They use to be the home town dealer for Sunline. Very few sources for decals remain and we have not yet found a good outlet to get them reproduced. Adamstown, Pennsylvania, Cedar Creek, Salem, Surveyor, RV, Fifth Wheel, Class A, Park Model, Dealer, Used, Parts, Travel trailer,camping trailer

However I have saved my 2004 front decal. Is yours just slightly edge peeling or totally shot?. If it is just edge peeling I may be able to help to revive it and protect it. Mine is now on it’s 2nd year since the revial…. And still looking good and stable.

Happy camping in your new coach

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #4

SUN #1455
Thank you!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give the folks you mention a try. The decal is very faded and pealing from all sides. The Arizona sun is pretty hard on things. However, if you do know of how to protect or revive the decals, I would love to know how to do it. If I do find one, the sun will eventually get to it around here--for sure. (Even tho we hope to spend summers up in WA state, walking on the beach and visiting family.)

We are planning to head out on our first outing with the new trailer this week. Tombstone is a little more than an hour away, so we will try it out for a couple of nights, then come home and fix and find all the stuff we forgot! Won't this be exciting?

Thanks again!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #5

SUN #128
Tweety
PM me if they have one but won't ship it. I live VERY near there.
2012 Arctic Fox 30U, SUNLINES - 2006 2753 "Tweety", 2007 QUE "QUEtSE", 2364, 1660
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #6

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
....The decal is very faded and pealing from all sides. The Arizona sun is pretty hard on things. However, if you do know of how to protect or revive the decals, I would love to know how to do it. ...
In another thread Steve Collins mentioned using Krylon UV-Resistant Clear Acrylic Coating.

Here is the post:
http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f6...html#post89879

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #7

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. . The decal is very faded and pealing from all sides. The Arizona sun is pretty hard on things. However, if you do know of how to protect or revive the decals, I would love to know how to do it.
See this post of mine. http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...ach-10743.html

I saved all the decals that are on totally flat surfaces. Well at least I have added 1 year more life to them and they are still going strong. I could lay back down the peeling edges and then treat with the tape. I made it to them before there where missing pieces, only curled up edges.

This did "not" work on the corrugated siding. Something about the Krystal coat what has lots of little pockets in it and the fact that it keeps bending the tape allows moisture to get behind the tape and lift it. But on totally smooth flat surface, the tape is working very good after 1 year. I'll report back in another year....LOL

I had a choice to try it or totally loose them. So far I have lucked out on the flat ones.

Will try Steve clear coat on the corrugated ones some time in the future.

Good luck

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:15 AM   #8

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
John,

I have seen a couple '02-'04 units in AZ that were clearly there their whole life. I don't have a pic handy, but IMO the logos are usually beyond repair for the condition I'm thinking of. The peeling isn't as much an issue out there as the just general fading is. The logos out there seem to age about twice as fast as they would out east here.

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #9

SUN #1455
thanks to you all

Yes, our back logo was completely gone. My husband pealed it off, leaving no hint it was there. The front one is soooo faded and pealed, it is certainly beyond saving. I took a quick look at Steve's posting about the Krylon and will check it out better on our return home.

Last minute checks and off in the morning. Whee!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #10

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Jon,

There is a sign shop here in town that might be able to help us all with this growing issue of deteriorating signs.

Do you have really good photos of some or all of the different Sunline graphics?

Do you have physical dimensions on some or all of them? (Best might be the diameter of the sun as everything else will scale up just fine.)

Whatever else you have that might be helpful I could use. I plan to take as much as I can to him and see what he can do.

I am all set for the '99 graphics on the Solaris series as my front and rear emblems are in good shape. The squiggly check mark on the passenger side is gone, but the one on the driver side is still fairly decent.

Whatever Jon is lacking, it would be helpful if some others can pitch in here after we know what he already has.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #11

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Steve,

I have restored scans of many of the logos, mainly the larger ones. I have a lot of the striping done, but not all. A lot of the small detail decals I don't have though.

By the way, the swooshes you describe were called Yoders by Sunline. Not sure if any of the Yoder family had the idea to put that on there and that's where it came from, but they just had them labeled that way. I don't have any of these though, but with a good picture from an SE package, I think I could replicate the shape since the colors would match the striping.

99% of the logos I have are scans of are brand new logos that never saw any sun. While I did get some of them for free from Sunline because they were way beyond their shelf life, I did have to buy a good portion of them.

The problem with trying to get a picture of a decal on the siding is due to the crimping, the image will be distorted and getting an original size is very difficult. A front or rear logo isn't too bad, but anything on the side or in the middle is very difficult.

I have spent many hours restoring the logos I have, but they are at about step 3 of 5 to the finished product. The next step (before production) is to clean up all the edges with a program that turns the files into vector art, which smoothes everything out so the edges look perfectly curved on the finished product. Mine look perfect now, until it's blown up some. My versions are just needing this last step.

Last fall/winter, I was working with a guy to get some reproductions made. I started with the '02-'05 F/R logo because Gary was wanting a replacement for the 320SR. Unfortunately, the guy procrastinated and didn't make it a priority, so nothing ever came of it. I waited and waited for a sample, and he never got it to me. Life has gotten in the way since then to be able to dedicate a lot of time to the job.

The big problem we run into with making replacement decals is the materials Sunline chose. For a good portion of their decals, they chose a metallic vinyl/ink and in some rare cases, a shade shifter vinyl, both of which are extremely expensive to replicate on a case-by-case basis. Sure it can be done, but it won't be cheap. This creates the issue of needing to match the colors better, because they'll look different with no metallic.

I would be glad to send you one of the logos if you'd like to see about having your local guy make them, but I really don't want to put them all out free for the taking because I did spend a lot of time scanning and cleaning them up. Like eight or so hours a day for a couple weeks straight on a winter vacation.

I do have physical dimensions of some of them, but not with me. I had to dimension printouts of the ones I took to the guy, but he kept them. I'm not home now, so it may be a while before I can get some dimensions, because unfortunately I didn't record them anywhere when I measured.

I wouldn't recommend taking too much to the guy the first time around. Take him one or two and see what he can do with those. I think that was part of my problem, I took like seven to him and kept telling him to put some stuff ahead of others (the stuff for Gary first), but I think it did overwhelm him.

Rather than re-type the whole list, I'm attaching a screen print of my logo file folder with all of them. The highlighted ones are logos I don't have but I thought about that they need to be done so I made a folder for them. I may have a picture of some of them too, they just aren't mint condition. I do have most of the unhighlighted ones scanned and ready to go (unless they say "DO"), but there are a couple Do's that I have the logo but I haven't scanned them yet. As an example, the '07 Advancer and Transport logos, thanks to Jay, I have, but I haven't scanned them yet...but seeing how many there are out there of those units, I don't think I need to hurry too much.

The numbers you see preceding the description in many cases were the Sunline part number...and there were two different styles over the years too.

Jon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Logo List.jpg (52.8 KB, 12 views)

2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote