Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Sunline Club Community Forums > Introduce Yourself
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-02-2019, 05:25 PM   #1

SUN #11371
Tcormier4 is an unknown quantity at this point
1987 Sun Line Satellite 17’

Hey everyone I recently picked up a 1987 sunlight satellite trailer 17 foot . It’s in pretty good condition with no leaks. I however have a couple questions ..

The gas stove and oven works perfectly when you manually light them however how do you light the furnace? I can turn the heat on and it all kicks on. But it doesn’t get hot so how do you light the furnace? Someone did remove the hot water heater.

Also how do you light the fridge? When the fridge is plugged in through electric it does not turn on so I’m guessing maybe the condenser is junk? How can I test to figure it out?

All the electrical works as well as the stove. Someone cut some of the waterlines so I need to fix those which is pretty easy because they just cut them in one area. It is missing the shower but it does have the toilet. Besides that everything else seems to be there. I also need to get a water pump because that doesn’t seem to be working either.

Old 07-03-2019, 07:36 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi,

We can help better in this case if you can give us the make and model of both the furnace and the fridge.

Many of us can help you troubleshoot the issues but we do not know your exact camper. Getting us the make/model numbers on the items lets up look up that model and give better advice.

Most all of the furnaces have electronic ignition, so there is no pilot light to light. You said,
Quote:
how do you light the furnace? I can turn the heat on and it all kicks on. But it doesn’t get hot so how do you light the furnace?
In this case, all kicks on needs to be broken down into,

When the call for heat comes on as you moved the T stat to call for heat, does the blower run?

There is a time delay from the time the blower turns on until the gas burner fires off. How long did you wait for the heat to come out? The gas burner running does make a different sound added to the blower already running.

The furnace nameplate is often inside the outdoor cover. Find the outside cover and remove the 4 screws. The blower motor should appear and the make/model will be there. Take pics of it too, they really help.

On the fridge, here we need to make/model to help better as well. And pics of the outside back of the fridge with the vent cover off helps too. Before we tell you something that does not fit your fridge, find the make/model number. On the fridges, the name tag is often inside the fridge compartment on the left or right side by the door gasket.

Some of the really old fridges light the gas burner different. Need to know which you have. You mentioned when on electric,
Quote:
Also how do you light the fridge? When the fridge is plugged in through electric it does not turn on so I’m guessing maybe the condenser is junk? How can I test to figure it out?
If this is still the original RV fridge, there is no gas compressor like a normal home fridge. These RV fridges are gas absorption fridges and have no motor in them. They actually create heat to work inplace of making cold. Odd I know, but they is how they work. They can take up to 8 hours to cool down the fridge compartment once started if they are working right. But they can be tested they are working long before that. Can't tell yet if yours is going bad or not.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:29 AM   #3

SUN #8893
Thomascine is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Dometic RM2300 in my 1987 Sunline. You may have the same model since we are so close in size and you still have the original frig.