Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #1

SUN #374
yorkieville
Tank Sizes 1950 @ 195SR

Hi, Everyone.

I have a question regarding the tank sizes in the 1950 vs. the 195SR.

I looked in the files, at the brochures.

The 2007 1950 lists 40 fresh, 25 gray, 25 black.

The 2006 1950 lists 24 fresh, 25 gray, 25 black.

Would someone please tell me the tank sizes of the 2007 195SR?

Thank you,
Sheila

Old 06-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #2

SUN #307
purplesuebug
Sheila,
The 195SR has 25 gal black, 25 gal gray and 40 gal fresh. Hope this helps, Marshall

purplesuebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:30 PM   #3

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Our 06 1950 had the smaller tanks - I had called Larue @ Sunline to check on having our tanks upgraded to the larger tanks and were told NO can't be done......we ended up upgrading to a 2499 and enjoy having the extra size of the tanks..........
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:52 AM   #4

SUN #374
yorkieville
Marshall,

Thank you, that does help me. Right now, we have a Trail Cruiser TC19RDB, with 30 gallon tanks and I don't want to go down in tank size.

Sheila
Old 06-20-2008, 04:56 AM   #5

SUN #374
yorkieville
Hi, Kathy & Leo.

I can certainly understand upgrading to the 2499 to have the larger tank sizes. They are very important when you simply cannot use the comfort stations.

So, that rules out the 1950 and 195SR for us. Such a shame, I really liked the 195SR, but the corner bed has become an issue as of late, anyway.

Sheila
Old 06-20-2008, 08:42 AM   #6

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Hate to say it BUT the bed was a major issue with us also.....I wanted a walk around and looked at the 2499 which had just what the "doctor" ordered and it came with the larger tanks.....

It is usually just DH and myself and we have camped for years - so the smaller tanks really were not a big issue - we conserve....then the oldest grandson (14 y/o) decided he wanted to camp with us - now with a 3rd party and not a camper things got a little "full" if you know what I mean.

On the 2499 we have 40 fresh - 35 grey & 30 black ~ tanks aren't all that much larger but just enough to have GS come along and not worry about "over flow" and we learned to go to full hook up when we camp with him - this way there really isn't an issue.

That is another thing that you should look at before ruling out the 195SR, unless the bed is a big issue, - how do you camp? Hook ups or dry camping? If you are mainly hook-up camping - what would the difference be? We on the other hand hardly ever do full hook ups - only when we travel with one couple do we do the hook-up thing - otherwise most of our camping is dry camping.....Actually this year - with 6 trips planed we are only doing full hookups at one and that is with our Fire Department who is participating in an anniversary parade and the host department is putting us up at the local fairgrounds.....and we aren't paying for the hook-ups!

Hope you find your dream TT and hopefully it will be a Sunline !
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #7

SUN #374
yorkieville
Hi, Kathy & Leo.

Yes, the corner bed has become an issue as I am facing an MS diagnosis. We were away in our Trail Cruiser for a few days this week, and I could barely get out of the corner bed. I am down to 75#s, so it's not like I'm a big person, just too much pain and no strength.

Never-the-less, I refuse to give up camping. We're going again on Sunday through Thursday. It is the most relaxing experience.

We've e-mailed Scott at Butler and asked if he would give us the same amount he offered on ours, if we bought the Sunline 2075 for $12,995. We have not heard back from him yet, but sometimes it takes him some time.

We would really like our next camper to be a Sunline. We had a 1550 when our son was growing up, and we thought it was very well made. He's grown up now, almost 34, married, with twin 16 month old sons of his own, and when the boys are 3 years old, we'd love to take them along with us.

When we bought our Trail Cruiser in Aug. of '06, we didn't realize there were any Sunlines around.

We usually dry camp, and I use the comfort stations to shower when I can, but there are times, when it is not possible. We only use full hook ups when we travel to Cleveland Clinic in Ohio to the Neurologist. And that's only because there wasn't really time to research campgrounds so we stayed at a KOA.

Thank you, I imagine we will find the right camper, and I hope it will be a Sunline. We've had incredibly good offers from other Dealers, but I'd like to wait until we hear back from Scott.

Sheila
Old 06-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #8

SUN #406
chuck & lori
We traded our 2002 t-1950 for a 2007 2075 because of the corner bed issue. I don't remember the exact size of the 2075 tanks, but you will not gain much, if any, over the 1950. It is a Sunline though and you can't beat that
Old 06-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #9

SUN #374
yorkieville
Hi, Chuck & Lori.

I can definitely relate to the corner bed being an issue. Still uncertain about sitting on the couch in the 2075, looking at the sink, etc. Really prefer to be able to look out the front windows. Our style of camping has changed quite a bit, spend a little more time inside these days. Still feels great to get away though.

Sheila
Old 06-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #10

SUN #406
chuck & lori
Sheila,
Open the couch into a bed, get a couple of BIG pillows propped against the bathroom wall and look out the window. I find the couch seat to be too short and not real comfortable.

Chuck
Old 07-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #11

SUN #374
yorkieville
Hi, Chuck.

That's an excellent suggestion. It looks like we are going to be getting the 2075 from Scott. Just need to figure a time to make the trip from IN to PA in between tests and MRI's, etc, all that fun stuff.

Hoping to have it before the 13th, as we have a trip planned to Potato Creek State Park in N. Liberty, IN for 4 nights, and I would love to take the Sunline.

Is the couch long enough for an adult to sleep on? (Provided we pad it real well, esp. in the crack.) My best friend from high school, (hate to even think how many years it's been) and her sister and I thought we'd take a trip to the Indiana Dunes which is 10 minutes from my house. Rich said he'd tow the trailer there, and come and get it when we are ready to come home. I thought someone told me the couch is 72" long, is that correct?

Sheila
Old 07-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #12

SUN #374
yorkieville
Hi, Chuck.

That's an excellent suggestion. It looks like we are going to be getting the 2075 from Scott. Just need to figure a time to make the trip from IN to PA in between tests and MRI's, etc, all that fun stuff.

Hoping to have it before the 13th, as we have a trip planned to Potato Creek State Park in N. Liberty, IN for 4 nights, and I would love to take the Sunline.

Is the couch long enough for an adult to sleep on? (Provided we pad it real well, esp. in the crack.) My best friend from high school, (hate to even think how many years it's been) and her sister and I thought we'd take a trip to the Indiana Dunes which is 10 minutes from my house. Rich said he'd tow the trailer there, and come and get it when we are ready to come home. I thought someone told me the couch is 72" long, is that correct?

Sheila
Old 07-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #13

SUN #406
chuck & lori
Yes the couch is 72".

If you stay in the area when you pick up your trailer (you did say you are getting it at Butler PA RV right?) the Grove City KOA is only about 20-30 minutes from them. Someone else posted that they stayed there while making the trek to Butler. We are only about 10 minutes from the KOA. It would give you easy access to I 80 for the trip home! If you do give us a shout, maybe we can stop by and say hello!
Good Luck
Old 07-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #14

SUN #225
Mark
Or if you are heading South closer to Pittsburgh, say to use Route 70, please let us know, and perhaps we can also meet up with you?

2002 Chevy Silverado
2003 Sunline 2553
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #15

SUN #374
yorkieville
Hi, Chuck & Lori and Mark!

Actually, rich and I posted that we made the trek to Butler, PA, at the time, to look at the 195SR, but, we were given the wrong weights and we could not tow it. Ray saved us from making a dangerous mistake.

Scott showed us the 2075, but at that time, we were considering upgrading our TV, and buying the 195SR, but, my health problems worsened and now we need a walk-a-round bed, so we reconsidered the 2075.

But, frustratingly, even that is on hod, as it appears I may have torn the rotator cuffs in both shoulders, and I am waiting for my Neurologists office to schedule a PET Scan.

But, if we ever get finished with these tests and manage to make it to PA this year, we will let all of you know, because we'd love to meet you.

Sheila