Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-09-2008, 11:54 AM   #1

SUN #374
yorkieville
Price on Sunline 195SR

Hi,

I've been a non-posting member for awhile now. Not new to Sunline though. Back in '89 we had a '89 Sunline 1550.

Sold it when our son got older and no longer had time to camp with Mom & Dad.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if $15,000. is a good price for a 2007 used Sunline 195SR?

Thanks,
Sheila

Old 05-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #2

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Sheila,

Is the 2007 new or used?

If you check out this post, toward the bottom of the 1st page there's a MSRP sheet for a 2007 195SR. The MSRP for that 2007 195SR with options was $25,942.
So if it's new, $15,000 is an excellent price.

If it's used, what options does it have on it, what kind of condition is it in.
NADA doesn't list the 195SR so that won't help much.
But a 2007 T-1950 with no options in NADA has a book value of $13,690 low Retail and $16,490 Average Retail.
So from this information and since the 195SR is a SR version of the 1950, if it's used and in good condition, I would say $15,000 is a good price.

Hope this helps.
Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #3

SUN #374
yorkieville
Hi, Hutch.

Thank you so much. We made the deal to buy the 2007 195SR from Butler RV. I've read so many good things about this Dealer here, that I feel they are worth the trip. Our salespersons name is Scott and he seems like a very nice guy. He said it is the very 1st one made. So, we feel we are buying a bit of history.

We will be making the trip to PA from IN on Monday. We are trading in our 2007 Trail Cruiser TC19RDB. We've only used it a couple of times to the local State Park and once to my Neurologist at Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.

Nothing wrong with the Trail Cruiser, actually it's a beautiful, lightweight unit, excellent quality, but, I'm a die-hard Sunliner, and I have longed to have another and when I found this one, I told my hubby I really would love to have it. The slide will be so nice to bring our 15 month twin grandsons along.

We actually turned down an excellent offer on a brand new 2007 Coachmen Spirit of America 24QB, in favor of this unit. A local Dealer offered us $13,603. for ours and was giving us the Coachmen for $15,000.
He's stuck with 3 of the units and really wanted ours. He knows he can sell ours and make a nice profit, because the market here is good right now for smaller, lighter weight units.

We were very honest with Scott and he made us a fair deal. We're looking forward to meeting him on Monday. I saw another one listed with another Dealer for less money, but we talked about it, and felt buying the first one ever made was pretty neat, and we'd already made a verbal commitment to Scott and I believe ones word should be as good as a written contract.

We'll need to upgrade our tow vehicle, but we'll manage it.

Sheila
Old 05-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #4

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats on your new Sunline, hope you have a safe trip and everything goes well!

You'll have to look up the Eastern Meet and Greet in June.....looking to tie up the 2499 as the most represented unit. There are already three 195SR's coming, why not FOUR? It would be kind of neat to have 4 out of 22 made there.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #5

SUN #374
yorkieville
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACK C-85
Congrats on your new Sunline, hope you have a safe trip and everything goes well!

You'll have to look up the Eastern Meet and Greet in June.....looking to tie up the 2499 as the most represented unit. There are already three 195SR's coming, why not FOUR? It would be kind of neat to have 4 out of 22 made there.
Thank you so much. It's sure going to be a quick trip. We can only stay over, one night, as I have an 8:00 a.m. appt. next Wednesday.

I'll look up the Eastern Meet & Greet in June. If we can make it, everyone will get to see the FIRST 195SR built. Wouldn't it be really neat, if someday, we could have a meet-up with all 22?

I can't begin to say how sad I felt when I read that Sunline closed it's doors. From reading the posts here, I know a lot of people share my sentiments. My hubby asked me if I was sure I didn't want the bigger Coachmen camper and I said, ""Honey, it's a SUNLINE!"

Sheila
Old 05-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #6

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Shelia,

Congrats on getting the 195SR. WOW, 1st one made - that's cool
I wonder if it's the prototype.

Here's a link to the Eastern M&G post for more info. You should join us if you can, we would love to see the 1st 195SR made.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your new Sunline.
Hutch
Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:08 PM   #7

SUN #374
yorkieville
Hi, Hutch.

Hubby asked me to ask if you think buying the 1st one ever made warrants paying $2,000. more for it. We saw the post about the one in Connellsville, PA and his unit is priced at $12,500.

We've been looking at the pictures, trying to determine the differences. Unfortunately, the one in Connellsville only has 3 pics, whereas Butler has 12.

We want to make a wise decision, and we know this group is very well versed on the Sunline.

I'm thinking it is the prototype, and I know there is a member here that knows quite a bit about the 195SR. I just can't remember his name. I'm running on 4 hours sleep today.

Our salesperson at Butler is a former Sunline Dealer, so we're thinking he knows his unit very well.

Sheila
Old 05-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #8

SUN #161
Ray and Lynn from PA
Hi Sheila,
We have a 195SR and just love it. We have the Equalizer hitch which Butler RV installed for us. No sway at all. As far as I could see, there are a few differences in the prototype and ours. Ours has the standard blinds, a smaller storage compartment on the driver side, a different window above the sink, different outside decal designs. There may be more differences. Perhaps another member can add more. I'm sure you'll be very happy with either one!! Hope that you can make it to the Meet & Greet!
Ray and Lynn from PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Sheila,

"IF" this link: http://www.butlerpreowned.com/publis...90a848&page=RV
takes you to the Sunline 195SR that you are purchasing, yes that is indeed the proto-type 1950SR.

When I spoke to Butler RV a few months ago, I was told that it was advertised as used, but in fact it was new

Here is a link to a previous discussion about the 1950SR, that I "think" you are buying: http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...ghlight=#11682

I think Sunline Fan, our resident Sunline geneologist can add some more info about this unit, as he also spoke to Butler about the unit.

Congrats and keep us posted,

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #10

SUN #374
yorkieville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray and Lynn from PA
Hi Sheila,
We have a 195SR and just love it. We have the Equalizer hitch which Butler RV installed for us. No sway at all. As far as I could see, there are a few differences in the prototype and ours. Ours has the standard blinds, a smaller storage compartment on the driver side, a different window above the sink, different outside decal designs. There may be more differences. Perhaps another member can add more. I'm sure you'll be very happy with either one!! Hope that you can make it to the Meet & Greet!
Hi, Ray & Lynn.

I'm so happy to hear you love your 195SR. We looked at the regular 1950 a few weeks ago, and thought IT was nice, but as I began looking on the Internet and saw the 195SR, I loved it! Convinced Hubby it was better than a new Coachmen Spirit of America 24 QB, although the Dealer was practically giving it to us.

I've been reading the thread that lists some differences and trying to educate myself before we make the trip. We plan to leave Sunday morning, so we re not rushed, and go to the Dealership on Monday.

We are hoping to make it to the Meet & Greet. We'll have to hurry home and upgrade our TV.

Sheila
Old 05-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #11

SUN #374
yorkieville
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyonkitty
Hi Sheila,

"IF" this link: http://www.butlerpreowned.com/publis...90a848&page=RV
takes you to the Sunline 195SR that you are purchasing, yes that is indeed the proto-type 1950SR.

When I spoke to Butler RV a few months ago, I was told that it was advertised as used, but in fact it was new

Here is a link to a previous discussion about the 1950SR, that I "think" you are buying: http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/ph...ghlight=#11682

I think Sunline Fan, our resident Sunline geneologist can add some more info about this unit, as he also spoke to Butler about the unit.

Congrats and keep us posted,

Kitty
Hi, Kitty.

You are brilliant! Yes, that is the link to the one we have made the deal on with Scott yesterday. He said it is indeed, the 1st one ever made.

Hmmm....I noticed it is advertised as used, but they told you it is actually new? That makes it even more appealing, and may explain why their price is higher than the one at Brooks RV in Connellsville, PA.

I've been taking notes from that thread, regarding the differences and I sent a PM to Sunline Fan, but for some reason, it is still sitting in my out-box. I had read a lot of his posts and could tell he was very well versed in the Sunline units.

Thank you and I will post when we return from PA on Tuesday, unless I get WiFi where we camp.

Sheila
Old 05-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #12

SUN #590
Irishcamper
I am soooooo jealous of you guys going for the 195SR. As I was questioning last week and found out through the good people on this page my V6 isn't big enough to pull the SR. Enjoy your new Sunline, I have a 1950 and Memorial Day is fast approaching and I am ready to hit the mountains for our inaugural trip of the season. Happy camping to all.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:03 AM   #13

SUN #374
yorkieville
No need to be jealous. Just do what we are going to do, upgrade your vehicle. And there are two of the 195SR's in PA, after all.

Now it's my turn to be jealous, have a wonderful trip to the mountains, I haven't seen the mountains since My Grandfather died 30 years ago.

Have a safe and wonderful trip! And I want to see pictures!!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #14

SUN #590
Irishcamper
Upgrade??? With the price of gas I thought about selling my truck and camper and going back to tenting. But my wife vetoed that one, and I'm kind of glad. NW Indy are you near South Bend, I'm a big Irishman, and follow ND big time.

I will definitely take some pics, I just am clueless on how to get them on here. But if anyone can walk me through it I'll give it a shot. Good evening or should I say morning to all.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:17 AM   #15

SUN #374
yorkieville
I may be getting cold feet about upgrading, it cost us $170.00 for gas to get here!

But, I must say, I agree with your wife, I need my "motel on wheels' or this gal is not camping!

It's been pouring rain since we left IN yesterday with no sign of stopping. It's hard enough keeping the TT floor dry. Forget the tent!

Sheila