Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-20-2011, 07:43 AM   #1

SUN #2920
nick morris is an unknown quantity at this point
Parts for sunline travel trailer

Since Sunline has closed its doors where are we to get parts for our trailers. The Rv dealer where I bought my 2004 says this could be a problem should I need a part..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..thanks

Old 09-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #2

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't say SUNLINE.....90% + is generic, well known mfg.'s parts. or easily matched from most RV supply catalogs.

Mack

PS Since you're in OC, MD (yes, he does work at the beach) and your dealer is balking already, call:

WE COME 2U RV REPAIR

Patrick V. Drum

443-938-2787 (cell)

Pat has repacked our wheel bearings, adjusted our slide, inspected and resealed the roof, replaced the convertor, installed a maxx air vent cover and fixed a floor issue to include installing a new laminate floor, never a problem with finding parts and all done in our driveway!!

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #3

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick morris View Post
Since Sunline has closed its doors where are we to get parts for our trailers. The Rv dealer where I bought my 2004 says this could be a problem should I need a part..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..thanks
Ditto! Except for the floor plan and the walls, there is not much that is Sunline specific in these units. All of the appliances, fittings, parts, and pieces are RV industry standard items that can be easily matched and replaced. The entire running gear is standard AL-Ko or Dexter or another common brand. Axles, brakes, bearings, wheels and tires are all common items.

Don't tell anyone at an RV parts counter that you need to fix the fridge in a Sunline as they'll just get a glazed look in their eyes and fixate on the fact that Sunline is out of business. Instead tell them you need to fix a Dometic 2452 or whatever model you have.

Your RV dealer should know better. When he says getting parts could be a problem, he really means, "Buy a new TT from me." Getting parts is NOT a problem (even for the older units for the most part.) It burns me that dealers do this instead of being fair and honest.