Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
SOB

SUN #6773
SOB is an unknown quantity at this point
Model Number

Hi Folks! New here. Great site. I own a 2014 Rockwood set up as a permanent in NE PA.

I am in possession of a 2000 Sunline and trying to confirm a model number. Tag on the camper says T-250, however I cannot find this model in any guides for resale. I am trying to peg a value on it.

It is a Solaris series. Basic trailer, slide with dinette/sofa, mic, fridge and stove. Front kitchen, mid bath, queen bed in back. Awning.

Can anyone advise if T-250 is a valid model number?

Thanks much for your help.

SOB - Mark

Old 09-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #2

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Mark,

Welcome. Is it possible to post some pictures? That can help with model ID and also year.

P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
SOB

SUN #6773
That I will have to see. Camper has been under a cover for the past 12 months. Though it is titled in my name, it belongs to a BIL who lives out of state. I do need to uncover it and set it up, making sure all works as he wished to sell it and it falls on me to do so. That action may take a few days if not until the weekend Going to the NADA guides, I only see "M" model numbers...?
Old 09-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #4

SUN #5039
NADA IMHO is not of much use. You are much better off going to the top of the page and clicking on the file tab. Then on the left scroll down and click on the brochure button. Guess at the year and click on that. Click on the download and it will open up the PDF file showing the models for that year, etc. You may need to go to a few years. Coach color and graphics can help narrow your search. Example, a peachy tan will be in the eighties. A off white/grey will be in the early 90's and white will be in the mid 90's thru 2006/07. This is a range and a bit of a guess on my part. Sunline Fan is the expert on these Sunlines.
P3 break control
Old 09-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #5

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to the files above and then to brochures - go down to 2000 and look at the different floor plans.

As a side note - NADA lists everything as M and not T substitute the M for your T.....
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOB View Post
I am in possession of a 2000 Sunline and trying to confirm a model number. Tag on the camper says T-250, however I cannot find this model in any guides for resale. I am trying to peg a value on it.

It is a Solaris series. Basic trailer, slide with dinette/sofa, mic, fridge and stove. Front kitchen, mid bath, queen bed in back. Awning.

Can anyone advise if T-250 is a valid model number?
Hi Mark,

What you are describing points to a T-280-SR. Any chance the 250 is a 280?

See here for the year 2000 model. Zoom down to the SR models. (SR=Slide room)

Sunline Coach Owner's Club - Sunline Owner's Files - 2000 Sunline Solaris & SR Travel Trailers

It is also possible you might have a custom unit. While rare, not impossible.

In one of the kitchen cabinets or the bath, there should be a sticker with the VIN, model and weights empty.

Hope this helps

John

PS, If that is a T280 SR that is a nice camper and setup on a 10,000# GVWR chassis and 3,925# of cargo, which is "WOW". That is more then many 5'ers... The newer ones where down rated to 8,600# GVWR which are still nice, just you cannot carry as much "stuff"

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #7
SOB

SUN #6773
Bingo! I went to camp last night to verify the number and yes indeed it is a T-280 SR.

You folks are AWESOME! THANK YOU!

So I need to value this trailer as my BIL wishes to sell it. He is second owner, has not travelled the roads but been permanent since new. Good condition. There was a roof leak in the right front, repaired by RV repair shop. Slight damage to wall, inside upper kitchen cabinet. Everything works when stored 2 years ago, I do need to open it up and fire everything to verify.

Can I go by the NADA?

Thank again.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #8

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Use NADA as a reference and be careful in how to use NADA. Do not check all the options that seem to be in the camper. The Solaris came with a lot of options as part of the Solaris package and the price was established having all the items in that package. If there is a spare tire, crank down stabilizers, then those where options. But do not be checking , fridge, heater etc as those are included in the Solaris package.

Here is the listing with only spare tire and scissors stabilizers added. I guessed you had these. Maybe not

2000 Sunline SR Series M-280 Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides

NADA is a reference, search out RV trader and some other on line sites to see what dealers are attempting to offer them for in the year, and a slide camper of close to the same length. The exact model may not be so important. What you can offer it for and get for it may be something in-between on line dealer advertized price.

Sunline RVs in - Available at Select RV Dealers

The condition of the unit means a lot in the as sold price. Remember it is a 14 year old camper. The tires may also be that old if it was parked. So that may be 5 tires to start with for the new owner. Ideally you find the right buyer for the value they are looking for and it aligns in the area you want to get. There is no real magic answer on how to price these.

Just a heads up, the water damage even if fixed may be an issue to a very educated buyer and require lowering the price. To a non educated buyer, it may not matter as a RV dealer fixed it and that answer may satisfy them. That is a nice camper, (not having seen yours) just need to find the right buyer. Someone who knows Sunline, the brand and quality of the brand will help greatly.

I know these are all general things on pricing but it is not really cut and dried. It is easy to spot way over priced, it is harder to price fair. Under priced generally happens when the seller just wants to get rid of it or you got lucky.

Good luck and hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:20 AM   #9
SOB

SUN #6773
John - thanks so much for your reply, I appreciate your effort.

I have a fish on the hook, so to say. I belong to a private campground, ie, no transients. The buyer will be buying into our little paradise, I will see him on a regular basis, break bread, etc. Full disclosure, good price = a happy neighbor.

The camper is in good condition, considering, it is 15 years old. The leak, even fixed, indicates problems to come. The water heater has on occasion, acted up. Decals are peeling. Taking all that into consideration, I priced it below NADA "low retail".

Thanks all for your assistance, good peeps on this site. I'll be dropping in from time to time. With 45 years of experience camping, 35 RVing, I can offer a thing or two.

PS - My handle, SOB: Some Other Brand, currently a Rockwood TT. I'm not the other
"SOB", LOL.

See y a's.
Mark
Old 09-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #10

SUN #5039
Sorry I missed the fact you had posted the year.

Please do keep in touch. The more experiences the better to help others and enjoy the camaraderie.
P3 break control
Old 09-24-2015, 08:13 AM   #11
SOB

SUN #6773
Howdy folks! Reviving an old thread...Sunline T-280 SR thread...this camper never got sold. I showed it a few times but, the money my BIL wanted for it was way too high, especially with water damage and the roof needing full replacement.

Over the past summer it had become infested with mice. I won't sugar coat it, droppings all over and a stench so bad you cannot be in the camper. It is unsalable, in my opinion.

So, I write to inquire if anyone here has an interest in a winter project trailer, before I toss it into Craigs List. Needs a roof, wall repairs in left front corner and right rear corner. And a thorough cleaning of the mouse droppings. Those issues aside, it is a nice camper for 15 years old. It has been stored for 4 years, covered (but the cover did not stop the water damage).

This trailer is titled in my name, though belongs to a family member who lives out of state and let it go into disrepair. If it was mine, it would never have got to this point. If you are looking for a winter project, lets talk. I want out from under this albatross...

Thanks for reading - Mark

Edit - I am located in Wyoming County, Tunkhannock, PA