Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #1

SUN #3562
2000sunline is an unknown quantity at this point
many ????SS

i have finished patching my roof it will get me by till end of season but i will have to have whole roof replaced some wood is rotted and i need to know a typical price range for a complete roof replace. also the camper has been sitting for two years and when i went to pick it up the slide had a hard time going in . now it will come in a little a make a clicking noise and same going out i just had to use crank to get it in the crank worked very smooth what is going on i lube it and every thing not luck . also i have noticed a slide seal that is supposed to sqeggits missng all the way around the slide i can see where it once was but i need to know where i can find one at ?

Old 04-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi 2000,

I can try and help on the slide. Many have a built in overload clutch that ratchets, trips like a drill chuck on a battery operated drill motor. So when you reach end of stroke it trips, goes, cluck clunk and you take your finger off the button. Not all do this, mine trips on the way out but not on the way in. I have a Lippert slide system and yours may be a Barker as Sunline changed brands over the years. I also do not know the model of your camper to know if you have a super slide or a mini above floor slide. They built the above floor ones different then the super slide that was level with the floor. It helps if you can tell us the model of the camper and I'm guessing it is a year 2000.

When you hand crank, again, many bypass the overload clutch and you are direct drive right on the Acme screw. The mechanical advantage is extremely high and cranks by hand easy where the 12 volt motor, works. Be careful when hand cracking when you hit something you can tear up the slide drive and never realize it as it cracks so easy. The worst is going the wrong direction against a fully open or closed slide.

If you can take and post some pictures of the slide mechanism I may be able to help more so I know what you are up against.

The slide seal, again pictures help to what style you have.

Here are "some" sites to start the hunt. RV dealers can help too but you need to take a sample or pictures with dimensions. There are lots of different kinds of seals. Every brand uses something a little different in some cases and even Sunline may have changed types over the years. These links are close for a year 2003 to 2007 Sunline Super slide. They may fit older ones but I do not know for sure the profile used on 2002 and backwards.

Products

Flap Seal Product Builder - Flap Seal - Trim-Lok

Slide Out Seal for Pop Up Campers 19-G8135

One thing that will be the same from any of them is cost. Do not be shocked at $6 to $12 a foot. I will need a new seal in the near future and soon will be starting the hunt for the highest quality, right size and best price.

The roof, I cannot help you on that one on where to buy a roof done. In my case I would do the repair so it is only materials costs which is not that bad but labor is expensive. Some others may be along on the roof costs as they have had them repaired. Generally the small independent repair guy is better then the big RV dealers.

Good luck and hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #3

SUN #3562
gear.png this the gear i pulled out of the transmission it goes to the worm gear
Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #4

SUN #3562
its abarker ez drive motor
Old 04-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #5

SUN #3562
[ATTACH]gear3.png[/ATTACH] is it supposed to look like that with u shape in the teeth
Attached Images
File Type: png gear 2.png (23.5 KB, 83 views)
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #6

SUN #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000sunline View Post
[ATTACH]Attachment 975[/ATTACH] is it supposed to look like that with u shape in the teeth
I have not had the Barker unit apart. However that worm gear with the U looking teeth is a normal occurance on worm gears. It allows clearance for the root diameter of the worm. Without it the worm gear teeth will hit the worm root diameter. Root being the smallest diameter between the worm teeth. It also allows the worm to have more tooth contact. There is also cone drive worms which have hour glass looking worms to even have more tooth engagement.

See here
http://roymech.co.uk/images9/gear_worm.gif

and here

http://www.protoolreviews.com/review...drivegears.jpg

Here is cone drive.
http://www.conedrive.com/

Old 04-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #7

SUN #3562
I want to thank everybody for your help with this issue. I have sent the motor and drive to barker and they are going to rebuild it for just the cost of parts . i will update you all after i receive it back and its installed. thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #8

SUN #89
Good deal 2000,

Glad this worked out for you. Let us know what you hear and they find if they state anything. We all learn from these things.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #9

SUN #3562
they had to replace electric motor because it was weak and also the clutch drive and brass worm gear all for 150.00 super excited beats buying all new for 600.00 thanks Barker manufacturing