Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #1

SUN #161
Ray and Lynn from PA
Just bought Sunline 195SR

Hi All!
So glad there is a Sunline forum as I'm sure we'll have many questions! We previously had a Fleetwood popup but were ready for a small TT. We have always admired the Sunlines but could never afford one until now. We got such a good deal that we just couldn't pass it up. At the RV show where we bought ours, the dealer told us that Sunline had only made 22 of the 195SR models and then closed. The dealer bought 5 of the SR models and sold all but one this week. The SR is 2 foot longer and has a bigger counter space which we really liked and of course the slideout. Other than that it is the same as the 1950. The one thing that I wished it had is the swing arm television stand. Does anyone know where we could get something similar since we can't order one? Also is there anything we need to purchase other than the weight distribution and sway control? Again what a great forum!!!

Ray and Lynn from PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #2

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Welcome Ray & Lynn,
I just went to the Allentown RV show this past Saturday and I sat in the model you bought. I was very impressed with the coach. As you say it is a 1950 with the couch sliding out. A very nice floorplan. I also heard a rumor that they (Sunline) was planning the same slide for the 2499 which would be my ideal coach.
Best of luck on your new purchase.
Regards,
MM

2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #3

SUN #53
irishguy101
Congratulations on your new addition, you now own one of the best units made, if not the best Coach made.
I am sure you will agree with what I just said,you will see the workmanship and the quality of the Coach as you use it and just by looking at the way it was made.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:05 AM   #4

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
Hi,
There are many TV mounting systems available if you do a search online. A TV can be mounted almost anywhere your imagination can see one. The limitation would be a structural one. Obviously you need a surface that can accept/retain the appropriate fasteners. But don't let the unavailability of a direct sunline option cause you any grief. Check the marketplace and you'll find what you need I'm sure. Most of the new hdtv offering use whats called a VESA mounting system on the back side of the unit. If your tv happens to have this it will be universally mountable in an amazing variety of way. Hope this helps...I will be pursuing this same arrangement for my Sunline.

Bob

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:57 AM   #5

SUN #115
emam
I just hung a 23" flat screen in the living room and one in the bedroom where Sunline provided the shelf. They make mounts that make the tv able to swivel out of the way for you to be able to walk past and not have it in the way.

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.everymilesamemory.com
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
emam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:30 PM   #6

SUN #114
pamwinn
I would love to see a photo of the bedroom flatscreen. I have one to mount in my 1950 but I am afraid the shirt closet won't support it.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #7

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Fellow Sunliners

See if this concept might help you mount your TV.

Mounting to the walls with anything of much weight is an issue as the 1/8" thick walls will not take any load.

I over came this issue when I added my coat hooks. In my T2499 I did not have a convenient spot or way to add a good strong coat hook that can hang the heaviest of winter coats for DW and I.

So I took a piece of 3/4" pine board, spanned between to studs, screwed to the studs then mounted the heavy coat hooks where I needed them.

I finished the pine with clear polyurethane that deepened the color enough to closely match the Sunline Maple.

You may be able to adopt this concept any where in the camper then fasten on your TV support bracket.

See pics below as reference.

Now just the hooks and backer board.

And While I have you, the hooks pivot and have 3 hooks each on the pivot. The hooks came from Lowes.

Hope this helps.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:48 AM   #8

SUN #161
Ray and Lynn from PA
Thanks for the info!

I see I have different options for the TV mounting. JohnB, I really like the Coat hook idea. I will definately make one! We're not picking up our new TT until the weather warms up. Can't wait to try it out!!
Ray and Lynn from PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #9

SUN #114
pamwinn
We need to mount an LCD TV on the bedroom side of the shirt closet. Any suggestions as to how to neatly accomplish that would be greatly appreciated. The side of the cabinet seems similar to a hollow core door.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #10

SUN #115
emam
I'll go take some pictures of my install for you. But one thing you might want to remember, the corners almost always have some sort of wood in them. I was able to buy a mount that would allow me to bolt it into the corner and grab-ahold of something substancial and the TV still swings out to view it.

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 01-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #11

SUN #114
pamwinn
Thanks. I am looking forward to the picture. Can you tell me the model of the mount? I searched high and low for the lightest LDC I could find that was a perfect fit. It is a 19 inch that only weighs 11 lbs.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #12

SUN #115
emam
Sorry this took so long to post the picture. We left for our trip this morning and drove through quite the ice storm all day today. Camped out in a Wal-Mart parking lot right now updating the site and thought I'd through the pictures up. I've uploaded a bunch of picture on our website if you want to look at a few different shots Click here to see the entire gallery http://www.everymilesamemory.com/gal...p?g2_itemId=78

Here is what the mount looks like.

The name of the mount is Vantage Point or www.vantc.com The corner of the room has a stud that you can grab onto and I wouldnt feel safe mounting it unless you knew you grabbed ahold of a stud with a lag bolt.

Good luck

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 01-22-2007, 01:13 PM   #13

SUN #167
Pacamping
New Sunline

I also just bought a new Sunline. 2007 289SR I was going to purchase next summer, however when learning Sunline was closing, I jumped on one. I owned a Coachman TT in the past was happy, but with my new Sunline, I am like a kid with the best Xmas present ever. I pray Sunline re-opens it is a great product that needs to continue. I bought my TT from Stotlzfus in Adamstown, PA. I think they are great to deal with have a few models left are giving great prices. I say anyone thinking about buying A Sunline, STOP thinking and do it.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #14

SUN #114
pamwinn
Thanks for posting the pictures emam. I appreciate your taking the time to do that. It won;t work for me though We need to be able to swing the TV around the cabinet to face the sofa. So I think we are either going to have to mount it on the outside corner or somehow reinforce the cabinet and mount it in the middle. It is really quite a challenge.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:02 AM   #15

SUN #115
emam
Check out the mount I used in the living room cabinet then. That baby has almost limitless movement and can be swiveled around anyway you need it to go.

http://www.everymilesamemory.com/gallery/main.php

That link will show you the gallery of the Living room cabinet and the mount used. I dont remember the name of that mount, but it was purchased at ABC Warehouse in Michigan if that helps. There are plenty of others to choose from, I know Radio Shack had a good one that I almost purchased until I saw the one I bought. It might be overkill for only a 19" monitor though.

Pat & Cindy Bonish
www.lowkeyhideaway.com
Old 01-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #16

SUN #114
pamwinn
I have already looked at your pix including the new Monticello photos. I especially like FE9A7069 and FE9A7070.