Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Model Specific Forums > Sunline Slide Room Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #897
EMD_Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
F-311SR's slide

When we were looking at this 5'er, I never saw transit bars anywhere. I eventually found them under the sofa-bed. Doesn't look as if they had ever been used. Kitty tried putting them in, but could not get them. I guess I must have been too busy Thursday, because I totally forgot about trying to put them in.

Before we take it out again, I intend to get the slide-lock bars that were mentioned here earlier.

Before we pulled it off the dealer's lot, I made them find me a can of slide lube. It only took them 20 minutes to find one! I lubed the slide mech generously and we put the slide in. Compared to the 320, this slide operates much easier and effortlessly. It also closes much better and is more plumb than the one in the 320.

JohnB: The slide floor in this thing is hard as a rock! There are a couple of places, where the board feels slightly puffy. Those two places are directly above screw holes! I was so relieved to find the slide floor solid!! It also doesn't look as if anyone ever used slide props.. Yay!

2007 Peterson Excel Limited 30RKE
2014 Ford F350XLT SRW Crew Cab, Long bed 6.7PSD

EMD_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Re: F-311SR's slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD_Driver

JohnB: The slide floor in this thing is hard as a rock! There are a couple of places, where the board feels slightly puffy. Those two places are directly above screw holes! I was so relieved to find the slide floor solid!! It also doesn't look as if anyone ever used slide props.. Yay!
Gary

That’s GREAT!!! Good. When the weather cooperates, I will get to mine. I have a plan in my head on how to do the fix but won’t know more until I cut the Darco and go exploring…

If yours has a Darco bottom, most likely I’m assuming, those holes in the membrane for the bolts need to be sealed up come camping season when the slide is out in the weather. My thoughts for the seal may be the Darco patch material, aka Flexmend. Since I have to patch mine once I cut into it I can see how smooth and flush the edges will be. That is the concern is that the edges get blended in smooth with no spots lifted to get stuck on something.

Your transit bars that you found with the coach, are they the conduit pipe with the rubber stoppers vintage? Sunline had different ones over the years, trying back into when they changed to this design.

The slide mechanism working better, yup lube does help. Since yours has an enclosed under belly the slide arm goes up inside out of the weather and road dirt when towing down the road. So wet lube is not so much an issue here. The slides arms that are out in the open are the ones that have the ability to get road dirt up in there. On mine where the slide arm is enclosed in the tanl compartment there is no dirt in there at all. The arm still looks new. The other arm is out in the open but it is behind the axles and protected by the enclosed tanks compartment so it does not get much if any road spray. Each floor plan is different in realtion to the arms and road dirt. I'm lucky mine are out of the direct path of the road dirt.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote