Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Towing and Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #1

SUN #599
Lode is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lode
2000 F350 with 7.3L International problem/fix

Wanted to share a problem/fix with the group for those who might have the older 7.3 International Powerstroke Diesel engines.

I was dropping the Sunline last week in a campground in MD when on the way I noticed my ABS light warning came on driving down the highway. At the same time I noticed my speedometer bouncing a little when I hit lower than 55mph. When I sped up past 55 the speedo worked fine but the ABS light still was lit up on the dash.

After having to slow down a little around Frederick the speedo dropped to 0, ABS light still on, and now I noticed my 'Overdrive' indicator light on the end of my gear shift selector arm starts flashing.... ARRGH!... tranny's aren't cheap for these things

The rig seemed to drive fine other than a harder shift from 1st - 2nd and continued this pattern the whole way down to drop the camper and home with an empty TV.

I poked around a little on the internet to see what I'd find as 3 issues simultaneously was a bit concerning.

I found this post from Travelin Scott about 1/2 way down the page...

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/22...perduty-3.html

I took out the VSS today and replaced it... took longer to drive to Autozone and back than the wrenching time to pull and reinstall. Drove around the area for a little.... FIXED for $20!!! Thank heavens... I NEVER get off with a fix this inexpensive.

I hope this helps anyone who might run into the same issues with their older Ford.

Quick note... this site is awesome for any DIY mechanics who own a PSD.
http://www.guzzle7pt3.com/maint.php

Take care,
Lode
https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/Lodeline.jpg
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote