Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #21

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dguernsey View Post
this is what i have a magnetek 6332
Hi dguernsey,

I did a little digging and found this.

Magnetek 6332 wiring diagram

Even better this which is sort of the jack pot.
Repairing Magnatek RV Power Converter

As it lead me to a real schematic.
http://www.hayseed.net/~jpk5lad/RV%2...r%20supply.jpg

And this one
http://www.hayseed.net/~jpk5lad/RV%2...0supply%20.jpg

If this is what you have, then this does work different for sure then the newer converters. There is a relay inside the unit that is powered all the time when you are plugged into shore power.

When you are "not" plugged into shore power the relay (an electro magnetic switch) is not activated and the battery is then connected to the fuse panel wiring view the "blue" wire. This allows all 12 VDC devices to run off the battery.

When you plug into shore power that relay is then energized all the time. The 120 VAC transformer and bridge rectifier then creates a source of 12 volts DC and in this case about 30 amps worth. It also disconnects the battery from the blue fuse panel wire. The blue fuse panel wire is powered now by the converters 12 VDC source. The battery is then connected to the charge circuit of the converter. And there is called out a circuit breaker in the charge line in the converter going to the battery. So there are 2 parts to this converter, a 12 VDC power source to run the camper and a battery charging circuit.

When plugged into shore power, the battery is supposed to be charging and it is no longer connected to the 12 volt devices of the camper. This is if the battery charger portion is working. The links above talk about a resistor that can go out and no longer create the right reference to the battery to allow the charger to work.

And since the 12 volt power source is now active when plugged into the shore power it is very possible to have 12 volt power in the camper and yet no battery charging.

The fan has a temperature switch on it that once the heat gets hot enough the fan will come on.

We have some others here on the forum who can read these schematics as well. Gene, mainah, Frank and a few others. I may have mixed up something but I do not think so. If they see anything I missed, please help us out here.

Now armed with knowing what is suppose to work....

This question:
Quote:
i guess the part i dont under stand is the water pump runs fine with battery but not at all with converter. now shouldn't the battery feed the fuse box just the same as the converter does? sorry for all the questions but things like that bother me and ive never owned a TT before
Please confirm this,

1. When you plug into 120 VAC shore power do the lights in the camper work? yes/no? (try 3 or 4 at once)

2. When you are "not" plugged into shore power and the battery is charged, does the water pump work? yes/no?

3. When you plug into 120 VAC shore power does the water pump work? yes/no? I thought you said no but I need to make sure.

4. When the you plug into 120 VAC shore power, turn a light on in the camper, actually turn 3 or 4 on. Then try and turn on the water pump. Tell me do the lights dim when you are turn the pump on, the pump may not be running but the lights might dim? This is a key piece of info.

It for sure sounds like the battery charging side of this converter is not working. A voltage check at the battery will confirm this. 13.2 volts or higher and it is doing something. 12.7 volts and lower it is not doing anything.

And since you said you heard the transformer hum, then at least that much is working. There however may be other issues on the converter causing things to not work right on the 12 volt power source side.

If you can answer the 4 questions above this will point us elsewhere and confirm some things.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote