Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #1

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Water on the floor

So on our last trip out, we towed home in a hail/ rain storm. It was/ is our first and only time towing in the rain. It was so bad at times that we had to pull pver and stop because of wind and/ or visibility. When we got home, the floor rugs in the middle of the Que that are in front of the stove and in the bathroom were soaking wet. I looked along the floor in the cabinets, thinking that the water had somehow gottten in near a wheel well. There were a few drops of water, but not much. We went out at night with a flashlight to see if we could see any light through the floor (if there is light, there is a leak sort of thought), but couldn't find anything.

Anyone have any idea how the water could have gotten there? The roof vent was closed and dry, mcould i have 'blown up' during travel? Is it possible that if I forgot to purge the shower head, it could have come out of there? How much water would leak out of the shower? What should we look for?

Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #2

SUN #132
Makers Mark
I don't know if the Que even has it, but I once left the stove hood fan door undone and a "little" water came into the counter/stove area.
MM

2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #3

SUN #149
nasa42a
Tinybluetj......

I've been racking my brain about this one for a bit. I don't think it can be the range hood.....the Que has a unique "thru the roof" European design range hood. And from your description, there wasn't any water on the counter.

Which leaves the water source to be something we encountered on a totally DRY day during our Summer Western trip. I found the bathroom rug wet..... and found it to be because I had water in the toilet bowl and had hit a few bodacious bumps in the road that had sloshed it out.

In your case, I'd bet that might be the case...and that the very wet day you travelled through led you to the logical (but not necessarily correct) conclusion that it was outside-sourced water rather than a less obvious source from inside.

In our case, we've been careful to make certain there is 1/4" or less water in the bowl before we tow. Haven't had any recurrances...even on bumpy and/or wet tows.

Hope this helps.

Frank
nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:20 AM   #4

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Thanks for the suggestions!

Frank, I hope you are right! We did get sidetracked when packing up, so it is possible I did not completely empty everything. I am taking a "wait and see" approach right now. I guess I will have to do more camping to find out!
Old 09-14-2007, 02:59 PM   #5

SUN #401
ken burke
Re: Water on the floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybluetj
So on our last trip out, we towed home in a hail/ rain storm. It was/ is our first and only time towing in the rain. It was so bad at times that we had to pull pver and stop because of wind and/ or visibility. When we got home, the floor rugs in the middle of the Que that are in front of the stove and in the bathroom were soaking wet. I looked along the floor in the cabinets, thinking that the water had somehow gottten in near a wheel well. There were a few drops of water, but not much. We went out at night with a flashlight to see if we could see any light through the floor (if there is light, there is a leak sort of thought), but couldn't find anything.

Anyone have any idea how the water could have gotten there? The roof vent was closed and dry, mcould i have 'blown up' during travel? Is it possible that if I forgot to purge the shower head, it could have come out of there? How much water would leak out of the shower? What should we look for?
We found water in our SR286 after driving in a heavy rain storm. We have a slide, and I think that the water may have come from the floor of the trailer some how. The trailer wheels could have toused up water to the trailer floor, and maybe there is a hole down there somewhere.

ken