Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #1

SUN #590
Irishcamper
Uh-oh leaky 195SR

After a pretty decent day of rain last Thursday Sue and I got to our camper for an early start on the weekend. We noticed the floor wet under a window on the slide-out. I took notice to a stream of water, not heavy, but persistent coming from the underside of the window, where the window meets the wall. It was on the right window on the slide-out.

Do you think it is from the window seal on the outside or my neighbor up there said it could be a leak in the seal on the slide, and it is finding its way down through the window. I have never noticed this leak before, but believe it or not since owning this camper I have been in very little rainy trips. We went permanent at a local campground for a month, so the slide is out regularly now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope all are doing well.

Dave & Sue
Northumberland, PA

Old 09-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #2

SUN #28
sunnyseagull
Hi Dave you might want to check the little drain ports on the outside of the window, if the window is exposed to debree like pine needles or dirt they can get clogged and not let the window drain, if it is not the drain slots or holes if you have to put the window to reseal it try using buyle tape to reseal it , it stays more plieable then the regular putty that they use good luck Dan

Old 09-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishcamper View Post
I took notice to a stream of water, not heavy, but persistent coming from the underside of the window, where the window meets the wall. It was on the right window on the slide-out.
Hi Dave

For sure check the vent slots like Dan pointed out. However it sounds like the putty tape seal may be gone. A picture of your window sill may help confirm this.

I cannot remember the year of your camper but thought it was a 2003 or newer. Which means the windows are like mine. It is hard to believe, not impossible, that it is coming in from the actual crank out window as the sill is really high lipped and you would see the water out in the open.

What leads me to the putty tape seal being gone is you said the water was coming in "under" the sill and down the wall. The putty tape can release from the siding and not stick. I have seen this myself. This then leaves a small air path right to the inside of the camper. OR they set the window not in the middle of the hole and just missed the seal in some places.

See here. The dirt marks on the siding showed me that the putty tape lifted from the camper siding over time.

I also had one window where when I took the inside flange off to insulate the air space I could see day light shinning in the window flange on the side of the camper in the corner where the putty tape was not sealing. The corners do not fit as well as the top/bottom and left to right sides. The corners are not an exact match, the radii are different so more is exposed.

Any chance of some pics of the area the window sill?

If it is the putty tape not sealing, this is not a hard thing to fix. Like Dan said use butyl rubber sealing tape. This post may help. It is an entry door but a window seals up the same.

http://www.sunlineclub.com/forums/f7...ics-11717.html

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote