Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #1

SUN #387
canoe2
T2363 Water leak in the front

I have a 2005 T-2363 and when I uncovered it from winter storage I noticed a crack in the caulking in the front right corner of my roof. Thanks to members of this forum I was directed to buy some Dicor lap sealant to patch things up. I do not have any visible water damage on my ceiling or at the top of my walls. When I went to my dealer to buy the lap sealant he told me that chances were slim that this crack in the caulk would result in a leak.

Last night as we were packing for our first trip of the season I discovered that the carpeting under the couch (which runs the width of the front of the trailer) was soaked. It seemed wettest in the middle but extended to both sides of the trailer and I can see water stains on the walls where the water started to wick up the walls. It appears that it started leaking over the winter.

The caulk around the front window looks good and my water system is intact. Could I have a leak at the roof seam that ran down inside the wall so all my damage shows at the floor level and not at the ceiling level?

I have sealed up the crack on the roof but now wonder if I should re-seal around my front window and front compartment doors. I'd appreciate any comments anyone has on where my leak might be and what I can do patch it up. Also, can I use the lap sealant to seal around the windows?

Thanks!

2005 T2363
2016 Dodge Ram
canoe2 is offline   Reply With Quote