Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #1

SUN #10
wagonman76
Sunline broken into - need a window

I discovered tonight that my Sunline was broken into recently. The uppity jerks that run this neighborhood made me put it in their storage lot which has a history of problems and sure enough something happened to mine. Hadn't had a problem in the 7 years I kept it parked behind my house, out of sight.

Well anyway for whatever reason they chose the small back right side window, broke it out with a boat anchor, and must have lifted a little kid through the window to unlock the door. Since the taillight (the only logical place to try to step) below the window was not touched. Then they stole some things and ramsacked the drawers and cabinets.

So I need to find another window. Does anyone know of this window is a commonly used window in trailers of this era, or if it's pretty rare?

1989 Sunline Saturn T-1661
wagonman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #2

SUN #296
RPierce
Sorry to hear your TT was broken into.

I think Sunline used Hehr windows in all their rigs.

Here is a site with window parts

http://www.parkin-acc.com/

1994 Sunline Solaris T2670
2002 2500HD Chev D-max

https://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1...gely005pm5.jpg
RPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #3

SUN #123
Sunline Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Sunline did use Hehr windows then, but that small size may be just a little difficult to find. I'd recommend contacting one of the RV salvage yards. That window is small enough that it could be shipped relatively cheap compared to a large window.

I'm assuming with a boat anchor that the window frame isn't doing too well, but is that not the case? It is possible to replace the glass in them. Some of the big name glass shops can order directly from Hehr pre-cut. It does help to have the numbers off the window frame, which should only be visible once the frame is removed from the trailer. I'm not sure if windows from that year would have stickers on them. My '94 did, but a lot can happen in five years...

BTW, you should check out the Meet & Greet in Hillsdale this coming May!!

Jon
2007 T-286SR Cherry/Granola, #6236, original owner, current mileage: 9473.8 (as of 6/18/21)
1997 T-2653 Blue Denim, #5471
1979 12 1/2' MC, Beige & Avocado, #4639
Past Sunlines: '97 T-2653 #5089, '94 T-2251, '86 T-1550, '94 T-2363, '98 T-270SR
Sunline Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #4

SUN #10
wagonman76
Thanks for the tips, I'll have to check into Hehr windows.

I am hoping to find one from a salvage yard. I'm not going to spend a lot on one.

Replacing the glass would be nice, since we have several local glass shops. But they broke the glass with a boat anchor then ripped out all the gasketing and framework so they could fit thru the window. So the whole window is trashed.

I had my license plate in that window, and the TV and VCR bungeed to the wall behind the curtain. They undid the components and shoved them onto the floor, denting the floor. Then once they got in they emptied the fire extingusher all over the couch and bathroom door mirror, and went thru all the cabinets and drawers. Today I found my bent license plate, smashed TV, and spent fire extingusher in the woods. No sign of the VCR, but it was only used as an RF modulator anyway.

I'll get it all fixed. I just hope it doesn't happen again, but considering the nature of the neighborhood, it probably will sooner or later.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #5

SUN #28
sunnyseagull
time to set booby traps in the camper that will fix there little !@### that kind of stuff ticks me off good luck with the repairs and hope they catch them Dan
Old 03-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyseagull
time to set booby traps in the camper that will fix there little !@### that kind of stuff ticks me off good luck with the repairs and hope they catch them Dan
I agree, I have very little tolerance for this kind of act. If someone is in need and genuinely asks, heck I’ll give it to them. But breaking and entering and trashing the place puts a set of high negative emotions into orbit…

Good luck Wagon on getting your rig fixed back up.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #7

SUN #10
wagonman76
Well today I pretty much fixed the window. I actually found the two window bars they ripped out in the woods too. (Along with lighters, condom wrappers, a couple forts... all the stuff of kids who have nothing to do in a neighborhood in BFE). So I took the bars and spent a couple hours tweaking them with various pliers and a vise, and got them straightened out fairly decent. Then I went to Lowes and got 2 pieces of glass cut to fit for like $3.50. I gathered most of my window seal and left any gaps at the top. On one website I found Hehr window parts and I can get new window seal sometime. The window looks about 90% as good as it did originally.

I still do need to get some screen sometime. It appears I need to pull the inside ring off the window to install the screen. I also need some of those plastic curtain loops for the track, they broke about half of those.