Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-05-2016, 07:21 AM   #1

SUN #7329
Offgrid is an unknown quantity at this point
Stove top redo

Any advice to paint/chrome/porcelain redo for my T-1350 stove top? Previous owner spray painted with silver high heat paint but paint job is bad. I've stripped it down and don't know if I should repaint with high heat spray paint or what?

Old 07-05-2016, 08:09 AM   #2

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offgrid View Post
Any advice to paint/chrome/porcelain redo for my T-1350 stove top? Previous owner spray painted with silver high heat paint but paint job is bad. I've stripped it down and don't know if I should repaint with high heat spray paint or what?
Do you know what brand of stove you have? If it is an Suburban or Atwood 3 burner, you can purchase a stove top liner that would completely cover the existing top. Stovetop Liner for 3-Burner Atwood and Suburban Stoves - PPL Motor Homes (There are other suppliers, ppl is just the first one I found.)

If you really want to just paint it, you'd have to use high temp paint. I don't know how well that would stand up to cooking splatters, though. IIRC, the colored stove tops are actually a baked on ceramic finish so I think anything less than that would probably deteriorate pretty quickly.

Some of the stove tops were plated metal with a smooth or brushed finish. In that case, it would be possible to clean it up and have it re-plated.

One other option is to determine make and model of the stove and see if you can purchase a replacement top.

Once again, this is one of those items that really has nothing to do with Sunline. If you were to go to an rv parts place and tell them you need this for a stove in a Sunline, they'd probably tell you they can't do anything because Sunline is out of business. But if you just ask for parts for an Atwood 4321, they'll get out their parts catalog and cheerfully look it up.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:39 AM   #3

SUN #7329
Thanks Steve! I'll check brand when I get home but I do know it's brushed finish and not porcelain.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:23 PM   #4

SUN #7329
Stove top is a Wedgewood Model T212
Old 07-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #5

SUN #264
Steve Collins is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offgrid View Post
Stove top is a Wedgewood Model T212
Here's a link to the manual: http:\\bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/operating/atwoodrangeown.pdf

pplmotorhomes lists the stove in their parts catalog, but replacement cook tops run $190 to $230.

Wedgewood is Atwood by the way. I think I'd give ppl a call and see if they can give you dimensions of that cover I mentioned. If it matches your unit, I think the cover might be the best way to go.

'12 F250 4x4 Super Duty PowerStroke 6.7 diesel
2011 to present: '11 Cougar 326MKS
1999 to 2011: '99 Sunline T-2453
SUN264 * Amateur Radio kd2iat monitoring 146.52
Steve Collins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repaint, stove