Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-13-2013, 02:51 AM   #1

SUN #5559
Finaltouch is an unknown quantity at this point
Solaris ceiling light.

Well, it seems that I have a question per day at least about my trailer. The latest questions concerns my light in the ceiling over top of the eating area. Which in my opinion would be the most used light in the trailer.

All of my other ceiling lights work besides that one. I replaced the bulbs because they where burnt out, but after replacement they still did not work. So I took another working light down and tried it on the non working lights wires, and nothing. I know that I could rewire the light and probably be fine. But what could I do about the existing wire ? Since its in the ceiling I imagine that its going to be near impossible to trace it back to the initial connection point. I did not use a test light to check the wires because I figured what would be better than a confirmed working light fixture hooked to the bad lights wiring.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I start stabbing around in the ceiling to attempt to run a new connection? I may be able to get away with running a new HOT connection and use the original ground. But I don't think its going to be very pretty in the cabinet I would have to drop it down thru. But I guess that's not the end of the world if that's what it comes to. Thanks!

Old 08-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #2

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there a wall switch somewhere maybe?? Our trailer has wall switches on several of the ceiling lights and some of them aren't real obvious. All of them have switches on the light fixtures as well.

Mack

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #3

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
I was going to say the same thing as Mack. I have 2 wall switches just inside my front door. One is for the outside light and the other is a ceiling light. Seems like I am always fumbling to make sure both the switch on the light and the switch on the wall are on.

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #4

SUN #5559
Finaltouch is an unknown quantity at this point
And then their was light Thanks alot guys! I woke up this morning And it was the first thing that I tried. It was that the auxiliary switch was not filpped. I guess I just figured since I could tell that the bulb where burnt And I replaced them, their was still a problem. The camper is checking out really well! when I cut the ceiling yesterday evening for speakers, It was nice and dry at all 4 corners of the camper. as was the insulation. and the inside has been taken care of really well, I was told it was garage kept by the first owner, the second had it since febuary till last week when I bought it. my garage i not big enough. but I do plan to tarp and strap it as part of winterizing it to keep it dry. I do notice as small area of lifting arounf the AC unit in the interior. So I plan to look up on the roof. Who knows maybe humidity and the AC lifted the wall paper on the ceiling over the last 2 years. but i figure I'll look really well around the AC unit. but I see no wetness at all anywhere. and no smells, and the roof insulation and luan are like new. not bad for a 95. And I see alot of other people with older ones going strong back into the 70s which is very encouraging. and the outside is in very nice condition with your ding here and there. my decals are lifting and breaking here and there just like everyone elses. worse come to worse I'll just paint the trailer. I'm a self employeed Mobile body tech. yes I paint vehicles for auto dealers on a route that I've created over the years since I was 19 now I'm 36. And have'nt camped since I was 20 or so. The business took over my life, and Its went well and I've been able to hire good help. And I have weekends free once again as do my employees. Back to camping!