Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 04-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #1

SUN #1006
dadof2nc
shurflo water pump

I have gone through all of my repairs thanks to everyones help. The last thing I am working on is the water pump.
I dont know the exact model, but for the purpose of this question...it doesnt work.
-i have power, motor turns, no pump action
-tank is cruddy, I took motor diaphragm apart, I cant tell what it is supposed to do, looks like a little octopus with 3 eyes.
-how do I know what is broken?
-is it the 3 little wheels inside? because the middle just turns and nothing else-there seems to be a little hole in the middle one, like a crack aound the outer circle of the middle one,
I know its hard to explain, but what goes bad on this? do I just buy a new diaphragm?
Thanks,
jason

Old 04-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #2

SUN #292
Honda03842 is an unknown quantity at this point
After 28 years our pump failed. The motor rotated but the device connected to the shaft that moves the wobble plate for the three chambers failed. I can't remember what the parts exactly looked like but my recollection was that the shaft has a flat and the flat of the plastic gear or what ever it was was worn away. I simply replaced the pump.

Honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi Dad of 2

See this link

http://legacy.shurflo.com/pages/RV/r...terPumps.html#

You may have the Classic Shurflo pump. Some times there is a pump number on the motor area.

And here is another link if yours is the Classic http://www.shurflo.com/rv-products/r...t.html#classic

And here is a cut sheet on it http://www.shurflo.com/files/RV-Prod...2-144_444_.pdf

There are also links on that page to an exploded view. You can buy the entire diaphragm assembly less the motor. I do not believe they sell the small minor parts, just large pieces in a sub assembly.

And here is a personal recommendation. Once you rebuild the pump or buy a new one, install an inline strainer. Dirt is the biggest enemy of these pumps. Once the internal check valves no longer seat, it is sit and spin time and no water pumping.

http://www.shurflo.com/rv-products/r...s/default.html

Here is one place I have purchased from with positive experiences. Just not a water pump, brakes etc. They have the entire pump, or the entire head and the strainers.

http://store.easternmarineoutlet.com...categoryID=401

If you do buy a new head or pump, I would flush the tank out before hooking up the new pump. If you know there is some dirt in the tank that can do your new pump in quick.

Good luck.

John

PS That is the basic water pump that many/most new campers come with. There are better pumps with more features however if you are after the simplest one that does pump, the Classic is the basic pump. Shurflo and FloJet both offer many other models with more features yet some how the water pump generally never ends up on the options list for upgrading when buying a new camper. However the aftermarket business offers many kinds. When mine went out I upgraded to a Flo jet variable speed pump. Mine died from sucking and air bubble when the tank only had 1” water left in it and ran for hours on end dry. Never worked right after that. When you leave the camper, turn off the pump. Lesson learned. Mine was less then 1 year old when it died.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote