Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 09-20-2017, 08:19 AM   #1

SUN #9674
sunnywi is an unknown quantity at this point
porch light housing??

Hi all, I have a 1983 1550, the outside light housing is broke. Has anyone with this similar model found a source? I've checked the usual sites, but nothing Also, has anyone found an LED replacement bulbs for the interior that doesn't give the white light look? we like the glow of the old bulbs, but they sure do burn hot! Thanks for any advice.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:37 AM   #2

SUN #8893
Thomascine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnywi View Post
Hi all, I have a 1983 1550, the outside light housing is broke. Has anyone with this similar model found a source? I've checked the usual sites, but nothing Also, has anyone found an LED replacement bulbs for the interior that doesn't give the white light look? we like the glow of the old bulbs, but they sure do burn hot! Thanks for any advice.
Good morning,

I tried two different types, warm and cool. The warm LEDs are not as bright as the cool. I have the warm in the back near the couch and the cool in the kitchenette and dinette areas. I ordered from superbrightleds.com which was recommended by a couple of the senior members. I really like them. As for the outside light, do you have a picture?

Sent using Tapatalk

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do..." Mark Twain]
Thomascine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:37 AM   #3

SUN #8893
Sorry, somehow this for duplicated.

Thanks,
Tommie

Sent using Tapatalk

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do..." Mark Twain]
Old 09-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #4

SUN #9674
sunnywi is an unknown quantity at this point

ITS exatly like this, seems to be a common issue now. but no exact replacemts to be found I'll probably just replace it with a different style. thanks though!
Old 09-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #5

SUN #8893
Yeah, they don't make those anymore. They don't even make mine anymore. I had to make my own replacement lens out of plexiglass. However I did finally find a replacement lens recently on eBay and received it in the mail yesterdat. Otherwise, I'd have to buy a replacement as well.

Sent using Tapatalk

Old 09-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #6

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
I can't help on the light housing but can confirm like Tommie said on the LED's light.

Warm white is much closer to the old incandescents. Most of our converted LED's are the warm white.

Cool white is much brighter, we do have a few of these where the wife does her reading. The cool white when reading a book seems better.

This does come down to personal preference. Some like the cool white everywhere. Just we do not.

The LED conversion with at least 100 lumens or higher of light is the way to go. Many today are that way but check. Years ago, (5 to 8 years) it was hard to get at least 100 lumens. Especially if you boondock on just battery LEDs really come in handy with the high light output and very low power draw.

Hope this helps.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is online now   Reply With Quote