Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 12-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #1

SUN #3223
miamilakesco is an unknown quantity at this point
PLEASE HELP: Need a 1989 Wiring Diagram

I have a 1989 Sunline Satellite. I bought this travel trailer around 4 months ago. I recently lost power to the lights in the bathroom. I need a wiring diagram badly so I can trace where my issue is. PLEASE HELP!!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi miamilakesco,

Welcome to Sunline Owners Club. Glad you found us and congrats on your new coach.

Now to your light situation. We only have 1 wiring diagram and that is from a 2004 T2499 we acquired when the factory was still in operation. It is here if you want to look at it. Sunline Coach Owner's Club - Sunline Owner's Files - Sunline Solaris T-2499 Wiring Diagram

However we may be able to help with no wiring diagram. I do not know your exact camper and Sunline may have done things a little different in 1989 but here is a place to start.

Are only the lights in the bath room affected? Have you tried all the other lights in the camper? Reason for asking is, is the problem somewhere else also and if so that may help lead you to a problem area.

The 12 vdc to the lights starts at the power convertor and then runs to the appropriate 12 vdc circuit. By turning your lights on that work, you can find the fuse or fuses they are on. Odds are high that the bath 12 vdc is also tied in with some other 12 volt devices along the way. By figuring out what fuse stops the good working lights you might be able to back into what might be the right circuit. The easy thing is no 12 volt power works to other things on the way to the bath. That points to the power not getting to the 1st device or the ground wire for that circuit is not good.

Now if it is just the bath room it could be the hot 12 vdc wire or the ground that is the problem. Most lights are daisy chained together. Both the hot and ground wires go to each light. If the switch is on the light fixture then both wires run to the next fixture and so on. If you take down the fixture you will see the wire and which way they are heading. Then go back to the first set if you can and tighten the wire nuts if that is what they used still back then.

If you have a volt meter you can check each location if the hot wire is hot. Do not use the ground wire next to it for the meter as the ground my be unhooked some how and that is the issue. Find another source of ground. If you have power and no light, then do an ohm check on the ground wire to see if you lost ground.

Are the lights that are not working on a wall switch? if so start at the switch for power and ground check.

This is going to be a search and destroy mission unless you get lucky and find the problem quick. Hopefully you have a volt meter that can read 12 vdc. That really helps cut down on the search.

Once you find the place the power is and then is not then you have to hunt down what let go. Odds are high it is a loose wire nut or a loose ground wire.

Hope this helps get you started at least.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #3

SUN #3223
miamilakesco is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, for the help! I did find the wires for the light circuit, I just cut and wired into another pair of wires from the lighting circuit to bring power to my bathroom. LIGHTS ARE WORKING!!!!
Thanks again, Dustin
Old 12-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #4

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Great!! Let the light shine! LOL

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote