Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #1

SUN #231
Deb B
Newbie lap sealant question

When we cleaned our roof, we noticed a few minor places where the sealant needed a touch up. Our Sunline info says to use Dicor 501LS, 502LS, or 551LS. Camping World only had 551 LSW. What is the difference in LS and LSW? OK to use it? Also is it normal for a roof to not be completely flat? Ours seemed to have a "bubble". I appreciate all you nice folks and your help. So glad we found the Sunline club!

Deb

Old 05-22-2007, 09:45 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Deb

You have a good question on the Dicor....

I actually bought some Dicor from Sunline before they went under. They shipped me 502-LSW white self lelving sealant. I Have tube in front of me reading it and it does not spell out what the LSW means.

So I even went to the Dicor web site.
Dicor.com

They do not mention what Sunline sold me that is a Dicor product. They only list 501-LS to be used during installation.

But I did find this out at other web site being sold
http://www.americanrvsupplies.com/cg...?SearchResults Type in Dicor in the search box

There is
501-LSW
501-LSD
501-LSV
502-LSW

At Camping world
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/p...ts/prodID=5737

They have
551 LSW
551 LSD
501LSV
501LSD
501LSW

The 551 seems to stand for Non Sag type.

The 501 seems is the normal Lap Sealent

The LS stands for Lap Sealent

W = white color
D= dove gray color
V = Ivory color

They all seem to say the same thing for use except the 551 has a Non sag feature. Not sure what is buys one.

The colors options are to I assume match your roof. It "might" be that if they left the color code off, your 551-LS

I have used the 502-LSW and it works well. It flows evenly and self levels out. It looks better 10 minutes after I out it down as it self levels.

Hopefully we have a Dicor expert to help tell us what we have number changes other than Dicor maybe making the product better and needed a new number.

Hope this helps.

John

PS the bubble, how big is it? I have some small wrinkels. Like waves about 1" wide and in the back corners of the camper. I have heard a small level of waves is normal. But a real large bubble means the rubber let go from the roof materail. Large being many inches in diameter, like 6" plus. I have never seen them, only heard of them. Hopefully some one else can chime on on a seperated roof.

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:17 AM   #3

SUN #231
Deb B
John, Thanks for your help on the lap sealant. I assume it will be ok to use what we bought. We will not be using very much of it since the spots are some what small. I guess I was concerned about later on when we would need to go over it again. This is our first TT. When the company closed, we knew it was our last chance to purchase a new one. I say new, it was actually built in Aug. 05. I'm wondering if it was some sort of demo.

The bubble is only about the size of a quarter. There is a spot much larger that I don't know how to describe except to say it doesn't lay flat. I could push it down with my hand when I was cleaning it. We are so new to all this I just don't know what to expect or what is normal. I'm afraid of messing something up! Thanks again, Deb
Old 05-23-2007, 10:04 AM   #4

SUN #132
Makers Mark
Hello All,

On the subject of rubber roof lap sealent, I have inspected my roof this spring and have not found any cracking or areas of concern. My question is should I caulk with the Dicor as a preventive measure over the existing caulk lines?

I also found this coating for rubber roofs that suggests to paint around vents and A/C. Anybody have any experience with this product? My gut feel is to stay with Dicor..

https://www.rvpartsoutlet.com/newsto...7C16FC0577950B

Thanks,
MM
2015 Rockwood 2608WS (SOB)
SUN # 132
Makers Mark is offline   Reply With Quote