Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 02-27-2018, 06:00 PM   #1

SUN #10340
cabragg is an unknown quantity at this point
Need advice/instructions on how to replace kitchen faucet in 2004 Solaris T-1950

Any advice instructions would be welcome. I can't see any way to get to the faucet without deconstructing all the drawers to remove them.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:40 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi, Welcome to Sunline Owners Club! Glad to have you with us.

Now to your faucet. If you have a "basin wrench" or sometimes called a "faucet wrench" you can reach up and unscrew the fittings.
They look like this

https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-WRN920...+faucet+wrench

Or this
https://www.amazon.com/General-Tools...t+wrench&psc=1

Lumber yards (Lowes, Home Depot etc, ) and hardware stores sell these too if ordering online takes too long.

Take all the drawers out. There is a plastic fold down tab on the back of each draw that you have to flip down with one hand while gently pulling the drawer with the other for the draw to pull out. When that plastic tab is flipped the draw will come completely out of the metal holding track fairly easy. If you cannot figure this out from the words, let me know I will take some pics and post. All the draws in the 2004 campers and many other years have this same plastic holding tab.

Here is a pic of my 2004 T-1950

The bottom is a fold down door (on mine at least) and that allows a small person to back into the hole and look up. A pad or carpet over the bottom cabinet frame board helps from pressing into your back and can help. A helper then can hold the wrench up through the draw holes and turn the nuts to unhook the pipes while the other person holds the wrench or directs them.

Then there are plastic nuts that hold the faucet on. See here,

This is pic from my prior 2004 T-2499, had the same faucet at the 2004 T-1950.

The blue hose with the white nut is the cold water line. The white fitting unscrews. Right hand thread. Clockwise looking at the nut tightens it, CCW unloosened it.

Once the white nut is off and the water line out of the way, the black plastic nut above it holds the faucet in. This same setup is on the red pipe too not shown in that pic.

The white/translucent hose going to the silver fitting I added as an extra filtered water faucet at the sink. Yours will not have that from the factory.

Yes, this is a tight spot and you are really twisted up getting in and out. But it can be done. The faucet wrench really helps.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:52 AM   #3

SUN #9658
Jtrobbins13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I replaced the kitchen faucet in my 89' Satellite last fall, and as a big guy I can tell you it is a tight, uncomfortable process, but it is possible... Only took me about 20 minutes to do and frankly was rather impressed that I could bend like I did... I definitely recommend buying the basin wrench, $15 dollars at any local Ace hardware and it will definitely save you a lot of aggravation trying to reach up behind the sink through the small opening in the cabinet...
Old 03-02-2018, 07:13 PM   #4

SUN #10340
cabragg is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for the info. My husband is a big guy, so I guess I am going to have to learn plumbing quick! I will let you know how it goes.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:39 PM   #5

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Odds are high, your husband can do all the wrenching from hanging in the drawer holes. Just he cannot see what he is doing at the fittings. You may only have to crawl in and look up to guide him where to place the wrench.

For sure, wear safety glasses as anything can fall down while you are looking up.

Good luck and we are here if you need more help.

PS. I'm big too. Getting in seems to be easier then getting out...

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:08 AM   #6

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
On the plus side they are not real tight and being plastic they unscrew easily once they are loose. I use plumbers putty on the fixture instead of sealer just in case I may want to get it off again.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:15 PM   #7

SUN #7099
Wess Boucher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabragg View Post
Any advice instructions would be welcome. I can't see any way to get to the faucet without deconstructing all the drawers to remove them.

Pull the drawers out and disconnect the water lines and counter top connection, I changed our faucet with a store bought from Home Depot, just measure center to center from faucet to turn handle, to make sure store purchase will fit.i have a 2006 solaris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #8

SUN #7099
Wess Boucher is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabragg View Post

Pull drawer out all the way and pick end up, should come right out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2018, 06:55 AM   #9

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
The drawers will come out you either have to lift them at the end of travel or there is a catch in the very back of the drawer. The faucert is either a 4" or 8" any standard faucet will fit and the plumbing will be the same.