Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 01-17-2016, 04:09 PM   #1

SUN #1475
JB2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
mildew

We have never had a problem with mildew until the past few months here in South Carolina. I usually leave a window or two cracked and that seems to have worked. I went out to the trailer to grab something and noticed mildew starting to grow on a pot holder and a pillow case on the bed. Needless to say I went over the trailer top to bottom and completely wiped it down with a mildew cleaner. I left a small fan on to circulate air and dry everything after wiping it down. My plan is to leave a front and rear windows partially open and crack the roof vents to hopefully solve the problem. Anyone ever experience this in this climate? We are in coastal South Carolina about 20 miles from the coast. We have only been in SC for our forth winter and not had this problem. Thanks in advance for any advice !

Jeff

Jeff & Beckey
2020 F-150 XLT
1998 Sunline Solaris T-2053
JB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #2

SUN #768
Gene is an unknown quantity at this point
I have no experience with your area but it sounds like you are on the right track. Ventilation is a main key in reducing mold. We get high humidity only in the Summer months in my area but I expect coastal South Carolina has a much longer season with mold inducing humidity. While bleach is a sure fire way to kill mold it just isn't practical on fabrics in a camper .... unless you want all the fabric to be white.

Here is a site I found a long time ago with some less damaging ideas.
3 Ways to Kill Mold Naturally | Care2 Healthy Living

Gene & DW Ginny
2002 Sunline T-2363
2008 Toyota 4-runner 4wd 4.7L V-8
Reese Dual Cam straightline - P3 Brake controller
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote