Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #1

SUN #225
Mark
Leaking Toilet

What I thought was a leaky hose to rinse out the toilet bowl is actually a leak behind the toilet where the tubing comes down from the top of the china bowl.

There is one screw and a washer that appears to hold the flexible pipes to the bowl. Unless I get some sort of flexible screw driver, I can't see how I can tighten it.

Obviously, it only leaks (a small bit), when I flush or fill the bowl. Anyone ever had this issue?

2002 Chevy Silverado
2003 Sunline 2553
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:30 AM   #2

SUN #154
Indy-Jim
Hi Mark - I had a similar problem with our Sealand China Toilet on our first camping trip this year. I noticed a small amount of water on top of the toilet and on the floor behind it whenever it was flushed. I removed the plastic cap on the top rear and discovered that the vacuum breaker assembly was cracked and was allowing a small amount of water to leak out whenever flushed. It is obvious that I must not have gotten all the water out of the assy when I winterized the trailer last fall and it probably froze up thereby cracking the assy. Fortunately, while on the camping trip, I had a tool kit that had short scredriver bits that you inserted into a handle for use. I used the philips screwdriver head and a small pair of channel lock pliers the maninulate between the plastic cover and the wall (only about an inch of working space) in order to remove the plastic cover and reveal the vacuum lock assy. We were able to control the water leakage throughout the trip by keeping wads of paper towels around it and on the floor. Upon returning home, I called Sealand to order a new vacuum breaker ($33), also ordered a new hose ($1.06) that goes from the lower flush pedal asssy to the vacuum breaker, as I was only able to cut the original hose to remove it, so it was too short to reuse without straining it to much. Order these parts at the same time, as I did not so had to pay a lot for shipping on two different orders. the sprayer hose has a lot of excess so that one was not a problem. Should this be your situation also, you should be able to determine the parts you need from the data package provided with your Sunline. If you need any more information, let me know and I will help you out as much as possible. Additionally, I will follow the winterizing instructions in the Sealand info this coming winter. Last year, I blew all the lines out with an air compressor and then pumped antifreez thru the system, but that must not have been sufficient to protect the vacuum breaker from freezing. I am interesting in hearing what your problem actually was when you determine the cause. Good luck!
Jim

Reese Dual Cam HP Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Control
Indy-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:52 PM   #3

SUN #225
Mark
Thanks. I have a question, how far was the screw out from the assembly?

Mine is backed way out, and the washer is just hanging around. I think it might just need to be tightened, I am just not sure how far it was SUPPOSED to be tightened.

2002 Chevy Silverado
2003 Sunline 2553
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:59 PM   #4

SUN #154
Indy-Jim
Mark - Assuming that you have the same model toilet that I have (Model 110), the screw only holds the cover to the vacuum breaker assy. The breaker assy pushes into a large rubber grommet in the back and that is what holds the assy to the toilet. Actually, I loosened the screw enough for the breaker assy cover to slip off as it is slotted so you don't have to take the screw all the way out. The screw is only about 1/2 to 3/4 inch long. When I put the cover back on, I just snugged the screw down so it would loosen easier should I ever have to take it off again. Also, you might check to see if the vacuum breaker assy is pushed in all the way into the large rubber grommet on the back of the toilet, as that could be a source of leakage also. Perhaps one of the hose clamps could be loose also. I would check all these items to see what the problem is. I would be interested in hearing what the problem turned out to be.

Jim
Reese Dual Cam HP Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Control
Indy-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote