Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #1

SUN #203
hillyroad
Issues crop up during trip

We have had our Sunline stored for nearly two years, no camping, just checking on it periodically to make sure it was ok. If I have learned one thing it is that absence from camping is not good for the Sunline and not good for the soul. We brought it home, cleaned it up, got everything working, and fixed most of the issues (nothing major). We spent the week in Devil's Den with two of our grandkids (6 and 3) and they put more wear on the camper than the two of us have since we bought it. The camper handled all efforts to destroy it admirably.

Several things have cropped up that need attention. The one I initially need to address is regarding the front window seal. The seal has developed a gap in the corner that looks like it could invite water. Fortunately, the foam seal around the front window cover did its job and no water seemed to have gotten to the area. It looks as if the seal was either not installed correctly or it has shrunk. Here is a photo of the area:

I have tried but cannot push the seal back into postion. On the inside there is a plastic flange with multiple screws around the perimeter that appear to hold the window in. Do I need to take the inside flange off, remove the window, reposition the seal, and reistall the window? Even though the seal appears to be in good shape, should I get a new one? If I need a new seal, would this be a standard item through an RV supplier - just get the right type and cut it to length? If the window does need to be removed, is this something someone that is reasonably handy with tools should attempt or should this be left to the pros at the RV shop?

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer.

Jerry.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #2

SUN #64
MACK C-85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Jerry, if you cut the [/img] at the end of the your post and paste it at the end of the URL the picture will show in your post.

Not sure of the best fix, Jon (aka SUNLINEFAN) will probably pop in and give you some advice on that. If you have to go the disassembly route I would put in a new seal though.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab 4x4 CTD
2007 Sunline Solaris T-276-SR: Misty Blue/Cherry
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4x4 OFF-ROAD
MACK C-85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #3

SUN #28
sunnyseagull
Hi Jerry I have a 2005 264sr and it is doing the same thing , last summer on the way to the beach the bed got wet we were driving threw some heavy rain I couldnt get the trip to push back in either so I just gut some dicor sealant and caulk the corners with that fixed the problem . Dan
Old 06-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #4

SUN #149
nasa42a
Jerry......

Prior to our 2363, we had an Aerolite which developed the same problem you've pictured. (As you suggested might be necessary) our eventual solution was to have the dealer secure replacement seals, which we installed.

But you'll probably have to have the name of the window manufacturer (Jon...do you know this one?).

Frank
nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #5

SUN #203
hillyroad
Window seal

Frank,

I would like to replace the seal if I can, although, may have to use some dicor sealant to protect the wall if I can't get a seal reasonably soon. There is no reference to window manufacturer in the Appliance Identification List in front of the Sunline manual nor was there a window manufacturer referenced in Hutch's comprehensive OEM sticky post.

Was the seal difficult to replace on your Aerolite?

Anyone with info on the window manufacturer or seal type needed will be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Jerry
Old 06-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #6

SUN #149
nasa42a
Jerry......

Replacement wasn't too difficult....but rather than risk water infiltration, I'd probably go with your adoption of Dan's Dicor suggestion until I could get the new seals.

Frank

nasa42a is offline   Reply With Quote