Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-04-2007, 05:26 AM   #21

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Pam,

They installed the best vent cover for the Fantastic Fan. The MaxAir 800 will allow more air flow than their standard vent cover, so it won't impact the operation of the Fantastic Fan.

If those prices included installation, they are good prices. If they are for just the products, they're a little high.

I always use Camping World as a price check / comparison.
For the Fantastic Fan CW's price is $159 + $100 inst = $259 total
For the MaxAir 800 $65 + $16 inst = $81 total

But it's done, no leak, and you have the whole summer ahead of you to enjoy your trailer.

Have a great camping season.
Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:25 AM   #22

SUN #196
tinybluetj
Re: Our Trailer is Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamwinn

The invoice also says the wrinkle in the ceiling was caused during construction of the corner molding.
I have a few places in our Que that has the wrinkled paper. I noticed it during walk through. I thought it was a leak,too, but "Slim" and the guys said it was just the paper. I had though about makiing them pull out another trailer, but did not want to be 'too picky' about it. I figured as long as there is not exposed wood (some of the were, but they replaced those sections) it was something I could live with (at half off retail price ).

You will love the Fantastic Fan. Worth every penny! Don't sweat the price, and ENJOY YOUR CAMPING!!!!

Old 05-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #23

SUN #114
pamwinn
Thanks everyone. I won't waste any time worrying about the excessive charge, I know it was high. Two maxair vents ( one special, one regular), one fantastic fan, and one leak check for $650 is about 200 more than I expected. We already had the regular vent, they just had to install it. From advice on these forums though we did have them use the hinge mounts so we can clean under the vents easier though it looks like they put the hinge on the outside and the release mechanisms on the inside LOL.

Thanks again for the support. Our camping buddies are about 30 miles down the road at a state park and they've already called twice. I have school work to do so I really don't think we should go but you never know...