Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 08-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #1

SUN #5571
DDenise is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my new A/C cover today from Icon

After reading through the forum, I found this new cover suggestion. Looks great! I wish this was the only issue with my roof!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.2 KB, 4 views)

Old 08-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #2

SUN #5039
bunjin is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting. Could you clarify? I'm confused as to the point. Buy new cover? Clean old cover? prop cover on wood?

P3 break control
"I know a lot about nothing and nothing about a lot"
bunjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #3

SUN #5571
This is a side by side of both the old and new covers sitting on my porch. The wood has nothing to do with either. The old, dirty one is in bad condition. It is very brittle and was previously patched. I hope to eventually show it installed, but it seems the more things I remove, the more wood rot I find! I am beginning to wonder if I have gotten in. Over my head! I am currently removing the refrigerator as it is sitting in a rotted frame and floor. Argh! My plans were to just clean the roof, repaint it with a rubber coating, install my pretty new A/C cover and call it a day......bah hahahaha! There is a puncture on the roof that someone did a really poor job of patching. After removing aluminum patch over fiberglass patch over another aluminum patch....water trapped between and more frame rot, I just covered the thing with a blue tacky tarp to let it dry out some with rain expected tonight and tomorrow.

I still have MUCH work to do! Hope this helps clarify a bit.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #4

SUN #5039
Sorry to have made such a short post earlier myself. I was in a rush to go out and meet a vendor.

I've followed your post on the roof and was just confused about the A/C cover and any relationship. Also, if you look at my profile you will see an album I have there showing a A/C cover in very bad shape.

Your post did indeed seem to show a new cover verses an old cover, thou in the photo the new one looked a little bigger (propped on the wood didn't help me to size). I'm interested in what A/C you have, btu i.e. 7150, 3500, etc. as I need a new cover myself.

Do your best to take a deep breath and work on your trailer best as you can. Hopefully the initial cost verses the learning and getting intimate with the various aspects of the trailer will in itself be rewarding. That is how I'm approaching the surprises I find.

Everyone here is to help and support each other as best as they/we can.

Keep in touch.
P3 break control
Old 08-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #5

SUN #5571
Thank you! Your comments and encouragement means more than you may know! I will try to dig up the information that you request. The outside of the old cover reads: Duo-Therm by Dometic. I am still having problems with the actual unit after running it for about 1-1 1/2 hours, it throws a breaker...but that seems to be the least of my problems at this point and at this season.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #6

SUN #5039
As you read thru some of these threads you will find you are not at all alone. Many members have outdone themselves with what they found they could accomplish after finding issues, esp. hidden water damage (many times it has signs, however not picked up by us newbies).

The A/C unit I have is not from my T-1550. It was purchased used and from I believe to have been a 1994 Coachman trailer. It is only 7150 or 7180 btu. I don't have the paperwork here with me to be just sure. It is a Duo-Therm, Brisk Air Roof model by Dometic.

The cover for mine may or may not be the same as you have. yours looks close.

P3 break control

Tags
1985, a/c, covers, duo-therm