Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #1

SUN #5245
Anita1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Grey water tank leaking

Last night we decided to clean out our grey water tank because it stunk by using Happy Camper Extreme Clean. We filled the water level until it was coming out through the tub as directed and left it overnight. This morning we noticed that the grey water tank was leaking. 1/2 of the grey water tank is above the membrane line and 1/2 is below the membrane line. The leak is coming from above the membrane line. The water is coming out and seems to be dribbling down the side of the tank but the membrane for about a 3 ft chunk is wet on that side. We dumped the water in the tank. At least the water in the membrane has Happy Camper Extreme Clean in it lol Is that going to start molding??????? Do we need to cut the membrane open to get some air up in there to properly dry it out?

Does anyone know what we can do? Where the leak is most likely coming from? Should we take it to our local camper dealer to fix????

Freak'n Craigslist....we should have made this guy prove everything but instead, we thought he was honest because he had a HUGE cross on the camper wall.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #2

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Not for anything - he may never had his grey tank that full.....I know we haven't!

I would think cutting (neatly) the membrane to let the water out would be best - I'm sure John B can tell you what tape to use as he has cut his membrane!

We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #3

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
They're several possibilities for the leak. Loose or broken vent pipe entering gray tank, loose or broken fitting from sink, loose trap on shower on possably a crack in tank. The only way to know for sure is to carefully drop part of underbelly membrane. Flex mend makes belly tape and patch kits. eBay sells.
I had a loose clean out trap on shower that all that was needed was to tighten trap.
Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #4

SUN #5245
Anita1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for all of your replies, it certainly gives us some areas to snoop at.

Kathy and Leo, it's possible...if the leak is at the top, maybe even probable. That said, I think we would have been better off with a dealer instead of Craigslist. There was a lot wrong with this camper when it was "well maintained", "in excellent condition", and my personal favorite, "everything works." No, actually, my personal favorite was "I just installed a fan in the bathroom." I didn't look at it at the time but when I did there was a fan minus 1/2 of each blade. No blade pc's to be found in the sealed environment. Plus, the bearings in the fan were shot. The fan is toast and has been for many years. No wait! My personal favorite was the full septic. lol This camper just keeps on giving. lol

Thank goodness for you guys. You have helped us put this camper back together and saved us a TON of money in the process. This camper is a nice camper.....it just needs to be fixed and then maintained properly and it will last for many years. I'm going to call it "Lucky" haha
Old 06-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #5

SUN #93
Poppy & Nana is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh yea I forgot about the black tank issue!
We loved our 2007 T-2499
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Super Crew Dually Diesel
Poppy & Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #6

SUN #4040
jim44646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well at least u found out the black tank don't leak

Firestone Transforce AT tires
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote