Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 06-04-2017, 12:50 PM   #1

SUN #9001
PippinVT is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Gray Tank Drain on a 1983 T-1550

new owner here, having a problem with trying to figure out how to empty the grey tank. We're currently using the trailer as a temporary home for the summer, and I can't get the wastewater tank to drain. There is no black tank, as it and the bathroom were totally removed. However I just replaced the sink and now that there are no leaks, I'm trying to flush the system and remove the antifreeze I added for the winter.
I'm fairly sure I know where the drain is: a small black pipe on the bottom of the camper on the opposite side from the door just behind the tire. The end of the pipe was broken off when I got the trailer, and I just don't see a way to get it open to drain the water.

I'm not 100% sure I'm looking in the right place or approaching this right, any help would be great, thanks!

Old 06-04-2017, 07:31 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Hi PippinVT,

Welcome to Sunline Owners Club!

I am not totally familiar with your exact camper however dumping the gray water tank has not changed that much over the years, well that I know of.

But, a prior owner may have changed something when they removed the black tank.

Normally there is a blade type of dump valve with a rod and a handle you pull to open the blade valve and the water comes out the dump pipe.

If you look in this pic, there are 2 handles in the black pipe that then connects to the brown dump hose. One handle for the gray tank, the other for the black tank. When you pull that handle, the water comes out

The valve body itself looks like this, just it should have pipe fittings on both ends. This is just a replacement valve

Does your camper have anything that looks like this?

If not, post a few pics of the dump piping outlet from the tank to the drain and maybe we can figure out what the prior owner did.

Hope this helps

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 04:42 AM   #3
sep

SUN #7710
sep is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome! Post us a picture so we can see what you see. Like John said, these drain valves have all been standard from 1976 to 2000 for all the ones that I have owned and that is 3 different brand names.

Steve