Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 07-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #1

SUN #287
nickster60
Good Sams Emergency Road Service

Does anyone have this plan and is a good plan?

nickster60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:20 PM   #2

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
I have the plan, it is suppose to be good, but have never used it.

It carries over to you personnel vehicles as well.

Curious on if anyone has had to use it and the outcome.

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Ha, used it yesterday I was out in my '96 honda running errands, had a "blowout", it was hot, my back was hurting so thought "Yeah, I CAN change a tire, but what the heck, I'm not in a hutty, I'll call Good Sam and let them do it, that's what I'm paying for" I was basically in town, so the entire time was less than 1 hour from first phone call to being back on the road. The blowout was cuased by me being forced partially off the road on friday and hitting a huge pothole, causing unseen damage to the tire. So a new tire cost me $67.76, geesh there went one tank of fuel for the truck

A few years ago out on RT 40 about an hour from Barstow, CA while stopping for a bite to eat, I WAS doing my walk-around/check before getting back on the road, and sure glad I did. I had a huge chunk of tread missing off the passenger side tire. This was on my single axle T-1660. I called ERS, they came out, got spare off back, it was flat, had to fix that, changed other flat and away I went. Yeah, away I went, right into old downtown Barstow CA, actually RT 66 on a friday, July 3rd at 3pm. I pulled in, the folks there were great, go me all new tires, the owner was originaly from WV, he gave me sight-seeing tips, and I was on my way.

Just watch when you are asked to "renew" Good Sam & Camping World are the same service, so I usually bounce back and forth to get the $79.95 per year price. I had gotten my renewal from GS for 109, I went on line and was able to renew thru GS for 79.95, so watch prices when renewal time.

Kitty
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #4

SUN #139
Al in PA
I switched from AAA to Good Sam about 10 years ago when my daughters started to drive. Good Sam covers the whole family, your RV and all your cars for one price. AAA required 4 memberships and it did not cover the RV. I've used it a number of times with no problems.
2007 T-2553
2003 Silverado 1500
Al in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:49 AM   #5

SUN #328
bugbite
AAA Membership with RV Plus

AAA Membership with RV Plus covers our family of two. Car, 4 Runner, and Truck plus RV.

I did have an occasion to call AAA the only time I ever locked my keys in the car and they were taunting me on the console... but that was way pocket controller days. They came immediately and popp't it no sweat.

We have RV comprehensive insurance thru our car insurance company with a rider. We have a very good local agent that is very cooperative. Will probably have good service if either of us ever have a wreck.

With AAA you may have more recognizability in burgs all over. An advantage of getting AAA is their trip packs.

AAA Plus is more than the Sam's as Kitty quoted.

So make your own determination by checking into both for comparative purposes.

Questions?

With Sams Road Service does that make you a Sam's Member?

or does this apply?

You have to be a Sam's Member to get the Road Service?
Cool Runnings Silent and Swift
bugbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

SUN #17
kanyonkitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Morning BB,

Good Sam Emergency Road Service is "Road Service" only. Having this service does not automatically make you a member of Good Sam. You would need to join the Good Sam Club to belong to that. Also, as I stated Camping World has the same ERS plan, so watch the prices.

I've never had "AAA", but heard a couple stories about RV coverage not being so good when you need a unit towed, so I would really investigate their RV policy just to make sure they could/would assist in a "worse case scenario"

I currently belong to both Good Sam programs, actually I've been a member of Good Sam Club for 18 years. Good Sam provides a trip routing service that is right at your finger tips online.

KK
Sunny #18 2003 F-344SR #8157
Sunny #19 1997 T-2653 #5485
1999 Ford F350XLT DRW Crew Cab, Long bed 7.3 PSD
2002 VW Jetta TDI.. AKA: Kitty's Kruiser
kanyonkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:14 AM   #7

SUN #98
PTHutch is an unknown quantity at this point
We also have GS ERS and like Kitty mention have bounced back and forth between Camping World Road Care and Good Sam Emergency Road Service at renewal time to get the best price. Affinity is the company that provides both CW & GS road services.

We like it because it covers all are vehicles, our RV and all 3 kids cars. With the kids away at college it gives us some piece of mind that they have protection. Our son has used it to get a jump start at 2am. People were there within 20 minutes (at the time stated) and he was on his way with no cost to him. Our daughter has also used it to have her care towed to the dealership.

Each time we’ve used it, the first question they ask is “are you in a safe place”, which impressed us. Then they would call to let us know when the service would be there, then they call at the service arrival time to see if they had arrived. Then they called again later to see if we were satisfied with the service and if everything went ok. Was very impressed with the number of times they call to make sure everything was ok, we were taken care of and safe.

We're very pleased with it and would recommend it.
Hutch

Sunlines: 2005 Solaris T-280SR; 1999 Solaris T-2670; 1998 Saturn T-24A
PTHutch is offline   Reply With Quote