Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 05-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #1

SUN #15
GoodoleBob
fresh water tank fill hose relacement problem

Hi Folks,

After 8 years the fresh water tank fill hose on my 2007 2499 has developed a few leaks, and I'm in the middle of replacing it.

It's made of that plastic green and white ribbed on the outside tubing, about 1 1/2" dia. and a few feet long.

Seemed like a simple enough task until I found myself unable to actually get the old hose out. It's disconnected at both ends no problem, but somehow the way it is installed in place makes it a monster to remove. I tried brute strenght pulling, also tried twisting is since it is made of that ribbed plastic tubing...figuring it might react like a screw and back it's way out...no such luck and now I'm asking for the trick to fish this thing out from anyone whose had success in doing so.

As always, I appreciate any help

GoodoleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:27 AM   #2

SUN #2097
mainah is an unknown quantity at this point
Sharp knife. Warm the new one up in some hot water.

Old 05-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #3

SUN #89
JohnB is on a distinguished road
Bob, I have not yet had to pull one out... Almost but not yet

But I will give this tip, find a smooth bore hose that can be used with drinking water. That ribbed design creates bumps on the ID of the hose and is a real bugger to ever get it to seal to the tank nozzle. The factory used silicone to try and get it to seal and that is short lived. The tank plastic does not like much of anything sticking to it. And the silicone is so slippery the hose pops right off.

Getting a smooth bore hose to start with and a clean dry or only water wetted hose to slip it on and clamp may save you a lot of aggravation. I had the sealing issue and it was a bugger. I picked up the tip on the smooth bore from others.

Good luck

John

Google Custom Search For Sunline Owners Club
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote