Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Sunline RV Forum
Sunline User Photos

Go Back   Sunline Coach Owner's Club > Technical Forums > Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Join Sunline Club Forums Today

Old 03-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #1

SUN #4035
O Canada is an unknown quantity at this point
flooring issue

Hi everyone. I have an issue with the linoleum flooring in my 1950. There is a long slit in the lino. Fortunately (?) it is in the rear storage area under the bed. This is not a small crack. It looks like it was cut with a knife, at least 3 feet long. This happened sometime over the winter. Any thoughts on why this happened? I've heard of lino flooring cracking in trailers but this seems a little extreme.

Old 03-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #2

SUN #5367
FiveORacing is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe it was scored during assembly and the temperature finally split it? I had one in my floor. I slipped some flooring adhesive under it, cleaned off the excess and place a sheet of wax paper over it, then a metal yardstick along the seam and a bunch of books. Cleaned up a little that oozed out with a plastic scraper and mineral spirits. Can't even see it now.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:33 PM   #3

SUN #527
ScottK
When we were looking at used campers at a dealership here in MN this spring, I noticed the same thing right in the middle of the kitchen of one of their used campers - a 3 foot long split! I asked what happened here? He said they had about 10 campers with the same issue...all older linoleum and it happens with the extreme cold. And we had plenty of that. The stuff shrinks with the cold and something's got to give...and boy does it give!
2020 Forest River - No Boundaries 19.8
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax (sold 7/21)
2021 Ford F-250 CrewCab
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #4

SUN #4035
O Canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Having checked around a bit, that seems to be the consensus in this area. I'll glue it down as suggested. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:31 AM   #5

SUN #6223
jmorente is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi - we had a small roof leak where it met the rear wall - apparently the seem broke loose from the roof covering. The roof leak has been repaired but this year I noticed a small soft spot in our bathroom floor near the toilet - I'm thinking that the floor needs to be replaced in the bathroom. I'm in northern Delaware and approx. an hour from Denver, PA. Who would you recommend I contact to make this type of repairs? Thank you.